Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

upside down problem

Today I fixed hero7 black on lower side of visor on my helmet, so camera was upside down. Everything worked fine until I put SD card in my pc. All footage was rotated for 180 degrees so I had to turn all of them in gopro app. What should I to, to have my videos in correct direction/ rotation on pc?

GoPro

Re: upside down problem

Hello @epicriver5531

If you will be using your camera in an upside down position, you will need to set the Landscape Lock on your camera to Down. This is so you do not have to do any change in orientation when you view or edit your footage. You can access this option by going to Preferences, then Touch Display, then Landscape Lock, then set it to Down. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Sightseer

Hi @mariustanya,

I tried it but I don't have ˝down˝ option. It's only Landscape on or off. I tried both but it's not working, video is still up side down. 

Do you have any idea, what's wrong? Thanks for your help!

Explorer

Turn the camera on and check the orientation. It's best to not use Quick Capture if you are filming upside down.
GoPro

Have you already updated to the latest firmware, @epicriver5531? Try a manual update on the camera and see if the option for up and down will already be available. My camera was manually updated to the current firmware 1.51. You can find manual update instructions here. Will watch out for an update from you. 

Sightseer

@mariustanya it works! Thanks a lot for your help :)

Cheers,

Kevin

GoPro

Awesome! Great to know that the issue is resolved. Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution, @epicriver5531. Stay stoked!

Tourist

I updated to the latest firmware of 1.51 and I still ahve this problem.  I locked landscape mode to down as I mount my GoPro upside down under my Garmin.  The footage is coming out inverted still.  Is there something else I need to set and adjust?  This is unacceptable as so far, I am running into more issues than my old Hero 6.