Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

uploading frustration

[ New ]

Yes my wifi is working and my bandwith is just fine.  No I don't have GoPro Plus.  

I filmed some things to post online for our community struggling with Covid19.  I did one short video and uploaded it to Google Drive and shared it with my IT person.  That wasn't perfect but it worked.  

This morning I filmed a 1/2 hour video (it cut it into three segments errrr) and now here I am nearly 9 hours later and video one still hasn't finished uploading onto Google Drive.  I am at a loss.  It is saying 10 hours for all three to be uploaded.  

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: uploading frustration

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @heroicflas85231. See if using other upload methods like DropBox, for example, would be much faster. A 30-minute video split into segments could be due to chaptering. With a stable and strong Internet connection though, it should not take that long to upload. If not yet, try uploading using a computer instead of a mobile device.

You may also try uploading it to YouTube and providing the link to the recipient so he/she can download it. If you have the files on your mobile phone and the recipient is nearby too, you may use ShareIt. Please note that these are third-party applications and not official GoPro tools so please use at your own discretion and with caution.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: uploading frustration

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @heroicflas85231. See if using other upload methods like DropBox, for example, would be much faster. A 30-minute video split into segments could be due to chaptering. With a stable and strong Internet connection though, it should not take that long to upload. If not yet, try uploading using a computer instead of a mobile device.

You may also try uploading it to YouTube and providing the link to the recipient so he/she can download it. If you have the files on your mobile phone and the recipient is nearby too, you may use ShareIt. Please note that these are third-party applications and not official GoPro tools so please use at your own discretion and with caution.