Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

unable to upload go pro content to computer

[ New ]

Greetings,

I just got a Go Pro Hero 9, have taken some video with it and want to transfer files to my Surface Pro computer, but have nont been able to. I can transfer contnet from the Hero 7, but not the Hero 9. Also, I am not able to get an app to be installed in my cumputer. Please advise.

Thanks!

GoPro

Re: unable to upload go pro content to computer

[ New ]

@oborges5, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port that will help.

As for the desktop app, see Install Quik for desktop for more details. However, currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support camera firmware updates or telemetry gauges for your HERO9 Black camera. In the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can both update your camera and also add telemetry gauges as well.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just lost all my files... camera wipe out my SD card =(

GoPro

[ New ]

@megahero0232, sorry to hear about what happened. There's currently no option or setting in GoPro cameras to automatically delete files. You can format the SD card through the camera and this is done manually through settings.

We'd like to know more about what happened. Could you please tell us more? What's the microSD card used and GoPro camera model?