Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

turning off protune

1st time user, trying to edit my vids, they are glitchy and do not run smoothly. I read that I should turn off Protune, but cannot rememberhow to turn it off. Help please !

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: turning off protune

[ Edited ]

Hi @swiftpeak50105

The steps vary depending on your camera's model. What camera are you using?

If you are using a HERO6/5 Black, on the back LCD swipe to the left. You should see ProTune settings. You can tap on the "power icon" at the bottom of the screen.

If you are using a session camera, you may switch it off via the GoPro app.

If it's an older model, you may check it through the manual: https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals

For additional reference, you may also check: Advanced Protune Controls Explained

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

Tourist

It could be that your computer is too slow to render the videos. GoPro videos are very high in terms of video quality. I'd remember I had the same problem and I believe that it was due to using an older model computer. But since I've upgraded, I was able to see the video. 

And try not to turn of Protune, it makes the videos and pictures look better than if you turn it off. Plus, you get stable videos and colorful pictures/videos

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @swiftpeak50105

The steps vary depending on your camera's model. What camera are you using?

If you are using a HERO6/5 Black, on the back LCD swipe to the left. You should see ProTune settings. You can tap on the "power icon" at the bottom of the screen.

If you are using a session camera, you may switch it off via the GoPro app.

If it's an older model, you may check it through the manual: https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals

For additional reference, you may also check: Advanced Protune Controls Explained

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

It could be that your computer is too slow to render the videos. GoPro videos are very high in terms of video quality. I'd remember I had the same problem and I believe that it was due to using an older model computer. But since I've upgraded, I was able to see the video. 

And try not to turn of Protune, it makes the videos and pictures look better than if you turn it off. Plus, you get stable videos and colorful pictures/videos