Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: tradeup program

Yeah true... After all, it too me maybe 10 seconds to Google "original price Canon A-30." Then ignore the next 3 and a half weeks worth of emails and phone calls.
I have no problems with GoPro cameras. Customer service is a whole other animal.
Highlighted
Hiker

"After all, it too me maybe 10 seconds to Google "original price Canon A-30." Then ignore the next 3 and a half weeks worth of emails and phone calls."

Fair point, although we don't know what their process actually is, or if the receiving department has a procedure to follow other than what you're assuming.

Considering the length of your trade-in process, I can certainly understand your extreme bitterness toward the company. I'm not suprised.

Fortunately my process was much quicker. The point of my post was not to discredit yours, but to let the OP know it can vary. And it can vary a lot.

Highlighted
Nomad

@sweetmesa28185 wrote:

"After all, it too me maybe 10 seconds to Google "original price Canon A-30." Then ignore the next 3 and a half weeks worth of emails and phone calls."

Fair point, although we don't know what their process actually is, or if the receiving department has a procedure to follow other than what you're assuming.

Considering the length of your trade-in process, I can certainly understand your extreme bitterness toward the company. I'm not suprised.

Fortunately my process was much quicker. The point of my post was not to discredit yours, but to let the OP know it can vary. And it can vary a lot.

The thing that hurt the most was coming to this forum, and trying to find out why only to find others that submitting their trade-in order and then receiving their shipping label while still sitting at their computer, or within a few hours.  I submitting my order including my card number and heard nothing for 3 and a half weeks.  After contacting support via phone calls and being told they are sending my report up to sales, and hearing nothing.  Of hearing moderators here on this forum contact sales and then post to me in this forum that they have sent me a personal message explaining the delay.  (For which, I am still waiting for that message to come through)  

But that is all in the past.  I finally got my camera and it is rock solid and works wonderfully.  

So I come back to this forum to gain knowledge and to help others.  I post an answer to someone about a Battery problem, and immediately I get a response back from someone else proclaiming that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.  That I am incorrect in what I am saying.  I got a post from the Original poster thanking me for my correct answer which solved their problem and  then got blasted again by the the other guy accepting the OP thanks.  I got blasted in the forum because I knew an answer and tried to help someone as a "Newbie".  SOME of the people in this forum are the most rudest, inconsiderate people.  

I only come back to this forum occasionally now.  I come in and look around.  I lurk.  I'm not exactly new to GoPro cameras.  I have 2-Hero 3 Blacks, 1-Hero 4 Silver and now a Hero 8.  I read the manuals cover to cover and experiment and learn about my equipment.  

As I said, I love GoPro Cameras.  I love the quality and the durability.  My only complaint is the problems with Sales and with Service.