Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

timeout copying videos and photos from gopro hero 5 black

while i copying videos and photos from my gopro hero 5 camera to windows 7 it showing timeout period expired and recalling all my importing files. I tried many times and even in desktop as you mentioned still it's showing same. your valuable advise highly appreciatable.

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: timeout copying videos and photos from gopro hero 5 black

A few questions.
How much space is available on your hard drive?
Approximately how much are you trying to transfer over (total size of data transfer)
What method are you using to transfer the files? Camera connected to computer or directly with USB/SD card adapter?
Are you using Quik desktop app or Windows Explorer?
What SD card are you using (make/model/size)?

If you haven't already, make sure you have enough space on your hard drive for all of your files. If possible, use a USB card reader (preferably 3.0)

If you are connecting your camera to your computer, use the USB 2.0 slot if you have one.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: timeout copying videos and photos from gopro hero 5 black

Please find the answers.

I have more than enough space to store all my gopro vedios and pictures in hard drive (H.D space is 1.2TB free & Gopro sd card have 64gb files) .Total size of the data which i tried to transfer is 64gb. I tried direct transfer to my desktop using data cable connection, camera connected directly to computer. I'm not using Quick app in my computer meanwhile i used quick apps in my android phone.

Sandisk Extreme 64gb microSDXC UHS-1/U3/V30 card 100MB/S- SDSQXAF-064G-GN6MA is my SD card.

awaiting for your valuable solution.

Thank you