Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

timelaps quits after 2 hours or so

When i make timelapses with the gopro 6  the gopro quits after two hours or so . it just goes out battery is 98 procent. i work with an usb battery pack.  the GoPro is 2 weeks old . what can be the problem? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: timelaps quits after 2 hours or so

Hi @sunnycreek38131

Thank you for getting back to us. Please go over the troubleshooting steps listed here. Camera Freezes Up

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team to isolate the issue further. They are available via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

The camera does not run off external power while recording if there is a internal battery. It will charge off the USB until you start recording, at which point it will switch to internal battery until it dies. You must remove the battery and power it solely off the USB.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your reply ,but this is not the problem i think becouse i also did try it with only the USB power suply, same problem. 

It is hit or mis i think, i did a nightlaps 2 days ago and all was fine. i read here on the forum i am not the only one with this problem.

Highlighted
Backpacker

what sd card are you using, sometimes mine does the same if i use one of my cheaper cards

Highlighted
Adventurer

You're saying while using the camera at a certain time the camera  has hit an issue? thesdxc card may be that problem due to buffering, a bad sector, a   card not  supported,   card not fully  formatted.  

If we take the time to find out how long our cam's run for  on each setting, then you  know to use a powerbank, remove the battery if on  ac. etc.

so I suggest  fully  (uncheck quick format) format the card and retry?

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for al the info. is it better to format the card in the gopro? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi i use the samsung 64 gig pro+ XC1 class 3  and a sandisk extreme plus 32 gig class1 HC1. on both cards i have the same problem. what is the name of the card you use without problems?

Highlighted
Backpacker

i normally use a Lexar 633x when i can. Have you tried taking the battery out of the GoPro, & just powering via the usb