Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: time & date wrong on Gopro hero 7 black

Hello, @arunmathew88. Will you be able to confirm that the issue with date and time on imported media to the app/s has been resolved with the replacement camera? Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm sorry, the videos already recorded won't be affected by the camera replacement.

For that you need to try some other tools or software to modify the metadata of video files.
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry for the confusion. I meant, does the issue with time and date does not happen anymore with footage captured using the replacement camera? 

Highlighted
Tourist

After replacement, date and time works as expected both on camera an on recordings.
Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that, @arunmathew88. Thank you for sharing. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Bought a Hero8 black that has this exact date problem. Date and time is not kept while camera is off. Even worse, time and date are reset to the value that was orginally set, like most people in this thread.

Camera out-of-the-box had that problem. I contacted GoPro support and they claimed that it was the first time they heard about such a problem, even if I pointed to the current thread.

So, the only solution was to ship the camera back. First problem: GoPro pay only for ground shipping. I thought that they might ship a new camera as soon as UPS has the package. Of course not. So it takes 1 week for GoPro to receive the camera. I contact them and GoPro tells me that it takes 24 to 48 hours to process.

After 48 hours, I contact them again: now it's 2 to 3 business days. The reason: packages have to be quarantined! What a bunch of baloney. I don't know if this was the particular agent I talked to who invented this or if it is an official lie of GoPro (it really does not matter, it is the same thing) but it is obviously a lie using the current pandemic as a cover.

So I would think twice (or thrice or more) before shipping your camera for replacement. Right now, it will take 3 weeks at best for me to get my camera back. For month I owned the camera, I had it for 2 weeks, and GoPro got it back for 3 weeks.

It also indicates to me that the replacement feature of GoPro Plus is just a gimmick. If it takes 3 weeks (at best) to get a replacement camera, this feature is pretty much useless.