Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: time & date wrong on Gopro hero 7 black

I have the same problem with GoPro 8 Black (it was the same on 7 as well).

I experience time problem with EACH video (7 hours later, and I live +7, Bangkok).

I also have problems sometimes that some photos/video are made in past (1970 year) and sometimes in future (2030 year). It's possible, that the same photos some photos were made with proper time stamp, and some with wrong. It also randomly start to work fine later.

I hate this bug! I waste so much time to change time to correct one!

Highlighted
Tourist

I am currently having the same issue and I even used to experience date problems way back during Hero4 times. I can't believe that it's 2020 and something this fundamental is still an issue. I am very frustrated.

Now besides the problem that whenever I change my battery, the default timestamp is some time January 2016... I noticed a second bug with some videos that the time zones are off. When I looked closer, I noticed that these files did not have GPS information and I am assuming that the camera defaults to a different time zone which jumbles everything out of order... very hard and tedious to correct afterwards. 

Can someone please kindly address this? 

Thank you

Highlighted
Hiker

I received a Hero 7 for Christmas. I noticed the time doesn't change after I turn it off and back on. It stays at the previous time. I did a chat with support, the options were to wait for new software or return it for a new one. Since this seems like to be a widespread problem I'm afraid the new one will be the same.

Highlighted
GoPro

@nightowl66, sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for reaching out to our Support Team and I'm glad they were able to assist you on the next steps. 

Should you have further questions about your case, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I don't understand how GoPro doesn't have a solution or even really a comment on this issue.  Check these forums, this has been going on for YEARS.  Just search for GoPro date, or incorrect time, or any combination.  I am experiencing this right now, and from what I see there is ZERO solution to this problem other than some questionable third party software, or "just deal with it".

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I sent mine back and got a replacement. It's working so far.

Highlighted
Tourist

I also have a GoPro Hero 7 Black that keeps showing the wrong date since the moment I bought it. I kind of got used to that. But now I have conected it to Quik on my Mac and it said that my time was off and it has corrected it. It really has but with a slight glitch. The time is set to the last time when the camera was on. When it is switched off the time does not advance ... So when I turn it on the time is incorrect again.

I have tried to import the videos through the Quik app to see whether at least time of the videos got corrected. No they havent. They still have the wrong dates and are messed up. So I tried the 'Adjust Date' function within the desktop app. It changes the date of the videos but only within the APP itself? What is this good for? Absolutely pointless ... It doesnt change the date in the Finder nor within the file itself and they are imported in folders with wrong dates ... So the Adjust Date is really a cosmetic help as it doesnt change it anywhere apart from the actual Quik app and even that you have to do manually. 

Any help?

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same issue, and I had to get it replaced under warranty.

Reach out to the support and they should help ou out. There is no simple fix for this.