Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

the viewer is dark

[ New ]

My GoPro Hero 5 powers on, but the viewer remains dark.  How do I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: the viewer is dark

[ New ]

Hi @fijiking

If you have a HERO5 Black, kindly check if this is just on the brightness settings. To access the option swipe down the LCD screen then go to Preferences> Brightness (adjust the bar on the left side).

If it's still the same or if you have a HERO5 Session try doing a manual software update as this normally correct similar issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fijiking

If you have a HERO5 Black, kindly check if this is just on the brightness settings. To access the option swipe down the LCD screen then go to Preferences> Brightness (adjust the bar on the left side).

If it's still the same or if you have a HERO5 Session try doing a manual software update as this normally correct similar issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, Aragon, for the nice try.  I spend an hour with GoPro tech support.  She had me reformat the SD card.  That process was successful.  I also tried to swipe like you suggest.  No good on both counts.  The screen is dead, so it doesn't respond to any swiping.

Still open to suggestions, all.

Fijiking