Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

the camera freezes

[ New ]
Hero Black 9 freezes each time after deleting last file. Second issue is horrible bad responded screen. Very often I have to touch few times end responding is very slow or totally wrong.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: the camera freezes

[ New ]

@marcoch19080, I was able to locate your Support case using the email address on your Support Hub profile. The ticket is still active and our Support representatives are working with the team in charge for further review on your case. They'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. It will be best to continue working with them to get the process going. We appreciate your patience.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@robertow72, freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator that the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. You can try the suggested troubleshooting steps indicated here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez, I don't want mean to be rude but come on, gopro is not the first camera that someone is getting hold off. You know it very well that the link is not going to help in anyway and please stop complaining about the memory card, most of the people bought the combo and using the SD card came with camera.

I have not seen any other camera or electronic device (per se) which is so horribly unreliable. Everytime when I click the shutter button, I literally pray to god to get this thing working.

The fact is you have been known for this for a while, every gopro version is having similar issues but you never care to fix them, otherwise why every gopro review (except the one which receive a free GoPro) mention the freezing issues. 

Gopro Hero 9 is my first gopro camera and as much as I am loving it, hating it in similar way. I am just a consumer who want to capture family moments but half of the times it just don't work. I don't think I will ever recommend or buy another GoPro.

IMHO, those days are gone when you can sell anything with GoPro Brand, now there are serious compatitor which are having far superior products and makes us to ask you, why you can't make a "Resposive screen, Button which always works and a Camera which does not hang"?

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your answer. I agree with you that the camera needs new software to solve these problems. I would like to confirm that I have the most recent one which is having freezing issues and a poorly responsive screen. The Hero 9 is my first GoPro camera, I'm disappointed with these negative experiences. I thought your products were very good so I hope you can solve this a.s.a.p. especially when you are aware of them.
GoPro

[ New ]

This is definitely not the kind of experience we wanted you to have and this isn't a usual behavior of the camera, @robertow72, @vivekas8. If you continue to come across issues with your GoPro after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further on this.

Hiker

[ New ]
Reaching out for the support? A bit difficult because the chat always says try again later. Also call back is barely done according to many post here. Besides that, all freezing issues that are posted here are never resolved. Just search for freezing issues in your support hub. I now have the 2nd Gp9 now and guess what? Same issues like the 1st one. And no, not the same SD card and yes, I tried other SD cards, all certified. I did everything your support team suggested multiple times until they finally replaced my camera and now I still have the same issues + 1 more that I sometimes get the message I have to use original batteries. I use the one from the bundle.. . . iI reached out to support again and they said they will get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. This was last week Wednesday. Since Friday I try to get in touch with the support again... Nothing...
I wish I could get an FW update on my gp3+ to use larger memory cards. Never had an issue with it. With my brand new model already 2 motorcycle trips are ruined because of the camera is not reliable.
GoPro

[ New ]

@marcoch19080, I was able to locate your Support case using the email address on your Support Hub profile. The ticket is still active and our Support representatives are working with the team in charge for further review on your case. They'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. It will be best to continue working with them to get the process going. We appreciate your patience.