Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

surface dock compatibility

When I tried to connect y gopro hero 6 to my surface dock (connected to a surface laptop), the gopro camerea could be recognized when I turned it on, but immediately ejected and re-recognized repeatly (both with battery inside or out of the camera). But it worked fine when I tried to connect with the usb 3 port on the laptop. Can anyone help me on the issue?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: surface dock compatibility

[ Edited ]

Hi @teneuro

It could be that the docking station and the camera do not work compatibly. In the meantime, keep the camera connected directly to your laptop to ensure that it is recognized especially when you would need to transfer files from the camera's SD card to the computer. As for charging the camera, please make sure we go with the best way to do it as described here. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions regarding this matter. 

Best regards,

Marius 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @teneuro

Do you also use a USB 3.0 port on the docking station? The fact that the camera works fine when directly connected to the laptop indicates that the issue could be more of the physical (actual) connection (like a loose port). Try to connect a different device to the dock and check if it will be recognized by your laptop. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I've tried to connect my phone or hard drive to the docking station and both work just fine. It's just when I connected my gopro 6 with the docking station usb and press start to turn on the camera, the infinite "insert and eject" loop kept going on and on. I am wondering if the docking station could not provide enough power through usb but that is still wierd since the battery is in. I am so confused...

Best,

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @teneuro

It could be that the docking station and the camera do not work compatibly. In the meantime, keep the camera connected directly to your laptop to ensure that it is recognized especially when you would need to transfer files from the camera's SD card to the computer. As for charging the camera, please make sure we go with the best way to do it as described here. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions regarding this matter. 

Best regards,

Marius