Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

stitching manually

[ New ]

Hi there,

I wondering if there is a guide to stich the 360 video from the MAX camera manually in a different software than gopro exporter. My question is because I am using Linux and also I know how to use Blackmagic Fusion and Foundry Nuke. I personally love CineForm codec and I am gratefull gopro made it open source (I am using it constantly to editing video), however I am a bit disapointed with all the problems to get 360 video from the MAX (in fact I have the camera for a week and I still cannot watch any video from the camera). Why is so complicated to get the 360 converted multiplatform and not attached to any store (if I would have an .exe I would tried it in Linux Wine). I even  got a windows machine but the exporter needs hardware that the machine does not have to decoce HEVC. It is needed a simple solutions for everyone to watch the videos from the camera because is the basic of any operation. Then you can do the software to do fancy effects, but the basic should have been solved, which is to get 360 videos esasily to be edited in any platform, just as any other camera. I do not mind converting and waiting as long as I do not have to install an OS, or even buying new hardware.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: stitching manually

[ New ]

@sprywater6538, the MAX .360 files have to be converted first using the GoPro MAX Exporter (Windows) / GoPro Player (Mac).

As for your second computer with Windows, there are some troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Resolve-GoPro-Player-GoPro-MAX-Exporter-Crashing-Issues/ta-... that can help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Second computer with Windows I have tried, with an AMD video card, now the gopro exporter does not open at all. Only problems.

GoPro

[ New ]

@sprywater6538, the MAX .360 files have to be converted first using the GoPro MAX Exporter (Windows) / GoPro Player (Mac).

As for your second computer with Windows, there are some troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Resolve-GoPro-Player-GoPro-MAX-Exporter-Crashing-Issues/ta-... that can help.