Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

shutter button not working Hero 7 Black

Shutter Button not doing anything. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: shutter button not working Hero 7 Black

Hello @flamingclever. Does your camera power on? Are you able to press on the power button? If pressing the button does not do anything at all, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can troubleshoot the issue with you. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, the Hero 7 has 2 "symptoms" . Everything ells is working fine. 

1. As soon as you put a battery in, the FRONT RED LED comes ON and STAYS on no matter what i do. (Even with the cam switched off and not pluged in to chage)   

2. The SHUTTER BOTTON has no effect whatsoever when pressed. (Cant take a pic or start recording using the shutter button. The cam dose records with voice commands). 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @flamingclever

It will be best to reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey, did you manage to resolve this issue? I have the same problem with a Hero 8, shutter button completely unresponsive. Been through all the settings and troubleshooting guides but nothing. Brand new out of the box.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi. No I never did resolve the issue. I was testing the cam before purchase so returned it to its owner. Hope you find a solution. Regards
Highlighted
Tourist

That’s a shame. Thanks for your reply though. I’m going through a warranty claim hopefully GoPro will swap the faulty unit.
Highlighted
Tourist

It appeard to me to be a mechanical issue. The shutter button (switch) was unservicable. 

Good luck. I hope you get a replacement ASAP. Cheers.