Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

shutter button and wifi not working

Hello,

Last time (few months ago) I used my gopro hero 3 black and it seemed to be working fine. Now my shutter button and wifi doesn't seem to be working? I did a successfully update of the device but still no change. Since the shutter button doesn't work I can't reset the device I think. Is there anything else I can try? I tried serveral SD cards (which I all formatted first), but still no luck. I've read that there are other people who've had the same problem, but I found no resolution. 

Hopefully someone has a solution.

Grtz,

Mieke 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: shutter button and wifi not working

Hello, @miekeb. Is it an issue with the buttons not being pressable or the camera not responding to the buttons being pressed?

If the former, see if there may be anything that prevents the buttons from being pressed. If the later, try doing a manual firmware update again.

If the issue persists, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know. They will help you with the next steps. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: shutter button and wifi not working

It’s the camera not responding to the buttons being pressed. I’ll try the update again if it stil doesn’t work I’ll let the support team know. Thank you for your feedback!