Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

service in Romania

Hi,

I intend to use, in Romania, a Gopro 8 black bought in Canada, I don't have invoice or other documents.

If i register this Gopro 8 with my account, do i have 2 years warranty? If yes, please give me a list with authorised services in Romania. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: service in Romania

Without proof of purchase you don't have any warranty.

As far as service, GoPro doesn't have service centers and they don't do repairs. If there is a manufacturer defect, and you have proof of purchase and are within the warranty period (based on where the camera was purchased), then GoPro will replace the defective camera. You must have proof of purchase and it must be a manufacturer defect. Accidental or user damage is not covered.

You can, however, sign up for GoPro Plus which will allow for up to two camera replacements per 12 month billing cycle for any reason (including accidental damage or user misuse). This is available in select countries, but Romania is one of them. Unfortunately, to do the exchange, once again you will need to show proof of purchase.

This is a member to member support forum. If you want to talk to GoPro Support, you can reach them here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for the answer.

If i have documents for camera bought in Canada or USA, can i repair Gopro 8 in Romania too? If yes, i have to go, for warranty, to a local service or i have to send it to the country i bought it?

Thanks

Highlighted
Nomad

Usually you have to send the GoPro off for repair and GoPro will fix it. Otherwise just get it fixed somewhere and send the invoice to GoPro.

Highlighted
Explorer

Contact the GoPro Support Team. They should be able to help you out with a camera exchange. You can call or chat with them here
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15he is asking if he can fix the camera in Romania. 

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554
Can he?
Do you have anything to offer?

Unlike the lies that you tell, I do not work for GoPro. I do know that they do not have service centers and do not do repairs. Do you not know this @quickhero77554 ? Pretty sure you do.

Of course, I already stated this information in my first reply. I understand there may be some translation issues, so I understand if the OP didn't understand, but you? Having comprehension issues? Again? Please, for your own good, stop drinking. You're an ugly drunk.
Highlighted
Nomad

I literally answered the question. Or do you just love insutling people who know more than you?