Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

seems mother board cam wont come on then comes on it changes menu and its got a mind of its own!

5 session cam has mind of its own wont come on for long periods,  menu seems to give me less after factory reset,

i dont know this go not the pro,got it connected to phone, seemed ok, then all went pear after awhile,

i tried resetting wifi   and factory reset 

is it viable to try getting this repaired ?   

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: seems mother board cam wont come on then comes on it changes menu and its got a mind of its own!

Hello @nicevista76310

How fast does it take for the camera to turn off? Does this happen while the camera is idle, recording, taking a time lapse? When idle, It is normal for the screen to turn off after few seconds - connecting to the GoPro app allows for a longer display time.  

What seems to be missing from the menu on the camera? Are these missing features accessible via GoPro App? 

Try manually updating your camera using a recommended SD card to see if it clears out the issue. You can follow this link as guide. Choose Manual Update. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: seems mother board cam wont come on then comes on it changes menu and its got a mind of its own!

Hello @nicevista76310

How fast does it take for the camera to turn off? Does this happen while the camera is idle, recording, taking a time lapse? When idle, It is normal for the screen to turn off after few seconds - connecting to the GoPro app allows for a longer display time.  

What seems to be missing from the menu on the camera? Are these missing features accessible via GoPro App? 

Try manually updating your camera using a recommended SD card to see if it clears out the issue. You can follow this link as guide. Choose Manual Update. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius