Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

reset my go pro hero3 plus

good day . i started the reset process via your site to no success. not seeing an update zip file . i get 'settings.in and 'update.cmb

what am i doing wrong?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: reset my go pro hero3 plus

Hello @realtoreel. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

If in case the camera won’t initiate the update, it can be because the camera is not recognizing the update on the SD card. We do have some suggestions here that should help get the update working: 

• Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Format the SD card before placing the update folder/files onto the root of the card (format on your computer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu); 

• NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card. 

• Be sure to place the individual files within the UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card.  

Once you have the necessary file(s) placed on the SD card, unplug it from the computer and insert the microSD card into your camera. Once it's plugged in, power on the camera. The update should automatically initiate.