Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

replacement of camera

[ New ]

Not sure if this is the right place but I've been trying to get a hold of someone to find out if there is a fix for my gopro HERO7 Black. I am a GoPro Plus Subscriber and for the past several weeks I have had problems with my camera randomly shutting down during filming and have not been able to get help because when I tried to ask for a call or chat is mentions captcha and there is no captcha screen so I just sit there and wait. Not really sure how I found this page but I am trying to contain my frustration with your product and customer support. Like I said, my camera randomly shuts down during filming causing an interuption to providing content to my clients and now it is effecting my personal training business. I've patiently tried all of the recommended fixes including a factory reset, I think 4 times no. Enough is enough. I would like my camera replaced. No questions asked, right? The camera was never dropped or bumped or even submerged although I know it is water resistant. I did enjoy my camera when the pandemic started and I could send specific videos to each of my clients. I still like the videos it produces when it works and I have thought about upgrading to a 9 but lately this issue has me thinking maybe it's not a good idea. Please advise. I don't want to go somewhere else but like I said earlier now it's effecting my business directly

Thank You in Advance for Any Assistance 

Tourist

Re: replacement of camera

[ New ]

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you.

My Go Pro Hero 7 seems to be crushing sometimes when I try to switch it off.

Im not happy at all about this purchase ad would like to have a replacement of the camera.

I bought it on the official site, so I hope somenone get in touch with me for a replacement.

Thanks.

G

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @swiftvista41464 @giorgioc751

What SD card are you using?

Does the same happen when the camera is plugged in without a battery?

If you haven't yet, please try running a manual update.

See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey aragon1006 ,

I'm using the sd card the camera came with and I have updated the camera. I will try operating with battery out and it plugged in but it's not shutting down, it just randomly stops recording. If that works do I need a new battery? I tried to go through the contact support screen but the Captcha screen never came up, so I never got past the first screen. Does support have an email or phone number? Because the other ways just aren't working

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

So I have to say. Customer service and the forum really helped me out. It took awhile but when I switched my sd card it started to work just fine

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update! @swiftvista41464

Feel free to post back if something comes up.