Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

red light on, no response, again. 2nd session 5 to fail on me.

So the gopro so far is costing about $125 per use.  It doesn't last as long as a cheap AA battery before failing completely.

My 1st one, brand new, used twice and set on my shelf with my better cameras.  I tried charging it for my 3rd use, totally unresponsive.  I call GP support, yadayadayada, and they replaced it under warranty with I was told probably a new and not a refurb but 0 guarantees in that dept.  So the new one worked in my office, got 1 actual use out of it and it worked well (yay!) and it's been on my shelf for the last few months unused.  Today I need it (well tomorrow)  I put it on the wall charger for a 2nd actual use, all red lights are on solid and it is otherwise completely unresponsive.  The little screen on top is dead. It won't turn on, it won't turn off, it won't do anything.  I plug it into my computer hoping that it will wake up, nothing.  The pc doesn't even see it as existing.  I checked the cable with other devices, they all work fine.  Right now I'm just letting it sit on the shelf waiting for the LED's to eventually kill the battery and I'll try charging it again off the computer this time.  Since it's just sitting there, I don't have any ideas on what else to try to fix this.

My 1st 1 I just chalked up to bad luck, the 2nd in a row though and I'm leaning more to the GP now just sells junk cameras.  I used to use a different brand that did better pics than the hero, then it was discontinued so I moved over.  The picture quality between the session and my 1st hero is noticeably better, but not buy a new camera for every trip better.

When I got the replacement I was told the warranty for it would end when my warranty for the original purchase ended, so I'm pretty sure I'm up the creek at this point.  I'm definitely underwhelmed and dissapointed.  

GoPro

Re: red light on, no response, again. 2nd session 5 to fail on me.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your camera, @rapidridge87431. My HERO5 Session camera has not been used for months as well (only for troubleshooting purposes) and it still works fine, even connects to the GoPro App.

It is important to gather details about the issue and the camera as there could be a number of factors causing it to not work. Although the camera may already be out of warranty, it would still be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can walk you through further troubleshooting. You can reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . After you fill out the form, you can opt to initiate chat support or request a callback. 

Tourist

Yep, actually did that already.  Still waiting.

GoPro

Hello @rapidridge87431

Please continue working with our Support Team regarding your case.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to keep working with anyone.  No one will call or email me.  Besides the 'please continue' message below I can't even get a response.

So I let the battery completely die so the lights finally turned off.  I put it back on the charger, same problem.  Let it die, charged again.  Same problem.  Let it die, charged it and it finally turned on.  I connected it, took a couple short videos to test it and turned it off.  I assumed it had worked out it's issues.  The next day tried to actually use it, dead battery.  I put it on the charger for a full day, it turned on, took 30 seconds of video, it worked, and turned it off. Today I need to actually use it, and dead battery again.  It's back on the charger now and it shows it is charging.  I'll actually time it to see how long it takes to drain this time.  This thing is ridiculously unusable at this point. 

GoPro

Hello @rapidridge87431

Sorry if you are having trouble getting through.

Please log your callback request or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Make sure to enter your existing case number if you have one.

When filling out the form, double-check the information entered especially the contact number/email address.

Thanks!
Ej