Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: recover deleted video

Hi,

I have paid for goprorecovery licence and used it to restore my files. I could restore them to local drive but nothing is opening. All files are courpted. Though I could see the files with a normal size.

Is there any other way to restore my videos?

Tourist

Please contact me directly for full support.  (info@recovergopro.com)

However, as a general guide, do make sure you have allowed the process to complete.  Files may appear to be there, but high res files are only correctly recovered in stage 5 of the process.  As long as nothing has beeen written to the memory chip, recovery is extremely successful, often piecing together many 100s of fragments.

Sightseer

Hi,

Do you mind me asking what the free program was?

gsharris@sky.com

Hiker

My favourite software, free:

Recuva

Testdisk (with or without gui)

PC inspector file recovery (probably outdated)

Winhex (not free)

Tourist

GoPro Recovery is not free ($14.95).  NB, from customer feed back, most of the programs mentioned above do not work with the original memory card as the video can be fragmented  into a few hundred fragments.

Sightseer

Samsung Data Recovery is a wonderful choice. With it, you can easily recover deleted files from Samsung micro SD card by yourself without asking for an expert. This fabulous program can help you retrieve various types of data, and it's fully compatible with many memory card.

Tourist

Hi,

I exported footage from my SD card onto my desktop.

It landed in a gopro folder in my "users" section on the macbook pro.

Then, someone else had to use the SD Card so i deleted all the footage off the card, ensuring that the content was still on the folders

on the desktop. They were there.

Now, months later, the GoPro folders still exist in my Users section but all the folders are empty!!! Please help! Precious footage lost.

Suhana

GoPro Community Manager

Not sure what happened, but I'd do a couple of things. First, do a search of your computer looking for jpg and mp4 files to see if the files just got moved somehow. Second, check your computer's trash can to see if the files were accidentally deleted. If they're in there, you should be able to restore them.

Jeff