Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: recover deleted video

Could you please tell me how did you recover them? I bought GoProRecovery app for $15 and the app found all delted videos, but I have no idea how can I save them as a regular video file.

So far I have several pictures that I really do not care, and I have my videos as *.img file, which I cannot convert to video!

Please help me.

Gpr.jpg
Tourist

Hi,

It looks as you have possibly not let the program run to the end.

There are 5 stages and video files are only fully recovered on stategs 4 and 5.  Run the porgram again and make sure you wait until the Copy Complete message is given. It can take several minutes to process and jpin all teh separate fragments together. If at that point you have no luck, please send me (with maybe www.wetransfer.com) the 2GB image file to info@recovergopro.com.

The program normally has a 100% success rate

Anonymous

I am pretty sure it was completely done, but the good news is I found a free program that recovered all videos with the same quality that I captured! Now I have my videos recovered, and I also wasted $15 which is not really important.

Thanks for your reply thought, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous

Last time, I tend to recover deleted video on my Android.

I found Android Data Recovery on Google.

It seems quite simple, don't know if you've tried this.

android-recover-videos.jpg
Anonymous

Thank you so much for the help. I recoverd mine with Test Disk 7, and the app is totaly free, but it is nice to donate.

How can I mark this as solved?

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm glad you were able to recover your footage! The original poster is the one who sees the option to mark as a solution, if you'd like for that answer to be marked, you can always use the @ symbol to contact other members. In this case @Anonymous . 

Anonymous

Cool, thanks, I will keep it in my mind.

Tourist

If you forgot to backup your videos and accidentally delete them, you can use Android Data Recovery to recover deleted videos on your Android phone. That is a helpful tool. I tried it and successfully restore my video on my Android mobile phone.