Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

recover deleted video

Hi there, my Gopro studio automatically import new files while camera is connected,

last time i didn't need to import files in goprostudio, so i have stopped the autoimport and it prompted me to mantain or delete the files.

i was sure to delete only the imported files, but the software delete all videos on the memory card and now i have lost all my footage :-(

Tried to recover with many software with no success, files are still on the card (size are corrected) but impossible to play them.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: recover deleted video

[ Edited ]

Recovered all files with 15 dollars :-((

The only software able to do the job has been "goprorecovery" but only for Windows users

I think that could be a good idea for gopro developer to specify better what gopro studio is going to cancel after importing,

a second pop up of confirmation before deleting all files on the sd card could solve the issue.

Thanks guys for assistance.

Sirio

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @sirios45

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Definitely a bummer. GoPro Importer (now built into the GoPro App for Desktop) should import anything that is not already on the computer. The assumption is, after importing you should have all the footage from the card on the computer, so the delete option will wipe all the footage from the card if you choose it. If ever in any doubt, select not to have it deleted. You can always look through your footage to see what got imported and what didn't (whether in the GoPro for Desktop App or by just plugging in the card directly and using Finder on a Mac or Windows Explorer on a PC. 

We don't have any file recovery programs, but I'd recommend you talk with the card manufacturer to see if they have some way to do it.

Hopefully that will help you out, if not for this particular instance then for future cases. 

Backpacker

Sorry to hear about that @sirios45.

But like @mattb said I would recommend doing the same thing.

But one thing if you have a SanDisk SD Card they come with a one year

software that will find deleted stuff from your SD Card on a safe spot in case of this.

Here is the software: http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

Hopefully this can still help. If you haven't put data on the card yet. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 12.17.39 AM.png
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I think probably the only software to work with deleted memory cards is www.recovergopro.com

It is design JUST for GoPro memory chips and supports the multiplexed high and low res.

The demo will show thumb nails for all videos that will be recovered.  Full free support if there any issues

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Recovered all files with 15 dollars :-((

The only software able to do the job has been "goprorecovery" but only for Windows users

I think that could be a good idea for gopro developer to specify better what gopro studio is going to cancel after importing,

a second pop up of confirmation before deleting all files on the sd card could solve the issue.

Thanks guys for assistance.

Sirio

Backpacker

Your welcome @sirios45.

Sorry to hear u had to lose $15 bucks.

And yes I wish this was on Mac also.

GoPro

Hi @sirios45

That is too bad that you had to pay some to get the files back, though I'm glad you were able to. The recently released GoPro App for Desktop that I mentioned before says "DELETE ALL?" after you've imported your footage listed above a graphic of the SD storage space. Hopefully that will be a little clearer on the fact that the importer is offering the option to wipe the card totally clean. 

Thanks for sharing on the Community. I'm sure your experience could be helpful to other users!

Sightseer

Coolmuster Samsung Recovery is specifically designed data recovery software, which provides video recovery of deleted, formatted, and lost videos from android phone, including MOV, AVI, , MP4 etc.