02-19-2018 01:46 PM
I bought this camera last July. and today I notice the rear display wont come on. I normally just hit the side and top buttons to record video, but today i wanted to look at the setting concering upside down and noticed the rear display doesn't display.
02-20-2018 10:30 AM
Give these steps a try and lets see if we can get that cameras LCD to come on:
- Please ensure that your charging source meets our charging guidelines, then fully charge the camera battery.
- Visit our HERO5 Black update page, and click on "Update your camera manually" at the base of the page.
- Follow the web instructions to update your camera.
- Once updated successfully, perform a factory reset on your camera:
- Tap Preferences > Factory Reset, and then tap Next.
- From the main screen, swipe down.
Let us know how it goes!
02-20-2018 01:47 PM
Thank you for this information, however, no rear display. I have since got an rma from where I bought it and am in the process of return for repair. I was hoping it was something simple like a setting, however, appears unable to enter settings on the hero 5 via front window like the older 4. there is no rear display at all so unable to get into any setting or update function. AND, no connectivity to the app via wifi. however it does record and take photos via the buttons and front window only selections.