Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

"logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set up live

[ New ]

can't stream to Facebook

messages_0.png
Tourist

Re: "logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set

[ New ]

+1

GoPro

Re: "logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set

[ New ]

Hi @loyalbluff71627

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Quik app.

Can you please check if it's on version 8.5?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I'm on the latest 8.5 version of Quick and cannot authorize Facebook to either log in or stream live. My FB 2-factor authentication is off. Any suggestions? Thanks
Screenshot_20210522-114512_GoPro Quik.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@quickboost50074, if using an Android device, please try to unpair and re-pair your camera to the app. Clearing the cache for the app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section can also help. Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

using version 8,5, cleared cache, unpaired GoPro bluetooth connection, repaired bluetooth connection, same results

Tourist

[ New ]
Same here.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Me too, same results 

Tryed on 2 phones, Quik application 8.5, 2FA off... 
What hapen's ?

GoPro

Re: "logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set up live

[ New ]

@josepht52726, @loyalbluff71627, @noémier883, @quickboost50074, we'd like to gather a few more details. What's the phone model used and its OS version? What's the GoPro camera model used and the firmware installed?

Also, see if restarting your phone will help, then try to unpair and re-pair your camera to the app.

Sightseer

Re: "logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set u

[ New ]

I tried on two phones : oneplus 7 and galaxy A5

Gopro 9

I tryed to resinstall app, unpair connection, restart phone, all of that... The problem come from you

Tourist

Re: "logging into this app with Facebook is not available at this time" using Quick, set u

[ New ]

samsung galaxy s20+

android 11

gopro 7 black 

version number 01.90

restarting, unpair ...not working.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you, @noémier883, @loyalbluff71627. We'll keep you posted.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Thank you for reporting.
I have tried on my end on a Note 10 using the next version of the app (8.6) and I am facing the same issue :(
I tried to delete FaceBook app, install again - reboot phone - remove Facebook permissions under Business Integrations via web browser - add it again via Live Streaming Facebook via my iOS app.
I also tried to clear all data/cache of my FB app in Phone Settings.
Still same error message for Android. iOS works fine.

The thing is that I have seen this in the past, and then it worked again, I don't think this is on us but actually a Facebook issue.
Doing some research I could find this article: https://www.reddit.com/r/RagnarokMobile/comments/mqibk7/question_logging_into_this_app_with_facebook...
Same issue for other apps. It's unclear how to solve this though :(
I'll keep you posted if we have more info.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I've had this problem since I got my gopro hero 9 few months ago and never been able to get past this.

Has never worked.
And why is it I can stream to YouTube from my playstation or obs but using gopro quik it gives me I need 1000 subscribers.

There is some sort of error with Facebook api. Even now, logging in to post this I tried log in with Facebook. Came up with you already have an account please input your password to link it. Put it in, everything in the page just froze up and locked up. I hit back a couple of times and found myself logged into my account looking at my uploaded media with a red error message saying something went wrong.

I tried all I can think of, removed from third party apps on fb, usinrss integration, logged out of fb app, reset gopro quik app

Device is galaxy s21 ultra previously also on my note 20 ultra
Latest version of the fb and gopro app
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

It may be something that we have to take to Facebook directly, I will keep you posted if I gather more information
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi, @josepht52726 @dpmario11 @loyalbluff71627 

Not sure if you still have this but now there's a new issue with Facebook / Live Streaming - security thing error, I also encounter it with my account on my Note 10.

See this new thread: 
https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Facebook-live/m-p/1162118/highlight/false#M3008...

Other people have reported the problem, it's also on Facebook side > https://developers.facebook.com/community/threads/195638179128499/?locale=es_LA

In any case to solve your issue the best is to use the RTPM method as this will work, I have tested. That way you can workaround the problem
https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-live-stream-on-gopro