Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

"Could not pair with GPXXXX Incorrect pin or passkey", 1st time user here, any help?

I just got my GoPro Hero7, I am trying to reconnect it to my OnePlus 5T but it seems that I can not do that.

It was connected before but as it was updating the app was saying "Reconnecting to the camera" or something like that and it failed.
So after trying and failing multiple times and changing WiFi band from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and Deleting the camera from the app still nothing.

It will not connect again, and Android shows this error "Could not pair with GPXXXX Incorrect pin or passkey".
I have looked into the Wifi list and the connected Bluetooth devices and did not find the gopro anywhere.

I think the issue is with my device (OnePlus 5T) but I am not sure how to fix it. Any help?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: "Could not pair with GPXXXX Incorrect pin or passkey", 1st time user here, any help?

Hi @itsarshd

What Android version is your phone on?

Have you tried resetting the camera's WI-Fi information? Reset Wi-Fi Name and Password

You may also test the camera with a different phone to help isolate the issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: "Could not pair with GPXXXX Incorrect pin or passkey", 1st time user here, any help?

Also try this.

Open the WiFi settings on your phone and click on the "advanced" tab. See if there's an option labeled "Manage Networks".  If so, click on it.  In there you'll see a list of stored network connections, make sure you delete any references to your GoPro camera in there.

Basically android stores all your old connection info in case you need to quickly reconnect later on.  However if you change your password in the app, Android ignores this and tries to use the old stored password and this is why you sometimes see a "passkey incorrect" message when trying to reset your WiFi password.  So deleting the info from there should help.

Once you do this, you'll need to set up your connection to your camera again as if it's the very first time you've connected to your GoPro.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm on the latest Android 9, and yes I have tried resetting the Wi-Fi info no luck.
I was able to solve the issue by just inserting an SD card, and changing the Wi-Fi band to 2.4 GHz.

Thanks for your help :3

Highlighted
Tourist

I have tried this indeed but could not find any reference to GoPro WiFi anywhere nor in Bluetooth Connections.
I was simply able to solve this but resetting the camera and using an SD, I thought it was not necessary to have an SD to connect to your phone but apparently it won't do much without an SD card.

Thanks for your help :3