Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: quik wont save edit

[ New ]

Hi Ej, 

Thank you for your help! It worked! Thank you!

Sightseer

[ New ]
after finishing the editing, click save but find stuck in the beginning of the process, try several times still the same even waiting for over 2 hrs

Go pro not helpfull but augustw sightseer has it right this time I took another external hard disk, and the folder was changed.

After I corrected the import location, the saving job completed in a minute.

Hope somebody can get a hint like my situation.
Tourist

[ New ]

Using my Iphone6, Quik was saving my photo/videos on high resolution (1080/60) then suddenly refused to pass 2% during saving.  I tried to reduce the file size, cut out personal music and shorten the duration but no changes. 

Using the Quik Settings functions, I cancelled the 1080P HD and 60FPS buttons and Quik is now saving.

Hope this helps someone.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @nickm42612. See if the steps-to-fix here https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Quik-for-mobile-Crashes will help with saving your edits in 1080p HD and 60 fps. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I still cant get mine to save and ive done everything.  What do you have to change about the imports to get this silly software to work? I dont want this 2+ hours of work to go down the drain

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @noblepike67111 . There is information on this link https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/quot-Something-went-wrong-quot-and-quot-Error-p... that might help. Please check the additional troubleshooting steps. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Can you elaborate with a little more detail please? I appreciate it because no one at GOPRO can give me an answer. This software is GARBAGE
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @costak6411

Are you getting any error message?

What OS are you on?

Were you able to check the links share above?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have a MacBook Pro and have the latest Mohave software. The links above did not work for me
GoPro

[ New ]

@costak6411, see if these troubleshooting steps for Mac computer helps:

1. Close Quik for desktop and open a Finder window
  2. Click Go at the top of your desktop menu bar
  3. Hold the alt/option button and select Library
  4. Under Library, select the Application Support folder and delete the following folder:
    • com.GoPro.goproapp.GoProExporterService
  5. Next, under Library, select the Preferences folder and delete the following files:
    • com.gopro.desktop-suite.plist
    • com.gopro.GoPro.plist
    • com.GoPro.goproapp.plist
  6. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists

Kind Regards,

Ann

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem here. "Saving to Edits" screen will just stay on for hours. 

Quik Verstion 2.4.0.147

Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.5 

Tried almost everything in all 8 pages of this thread and nothing worked. I can try to uninstall and reinstall but do not want to lose the video I made. Please advise.

GoPro

[ New ]

@rxharp419, please install the v2.7.0 update on Quik for Desktop to see that will help. Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
I tried all suggestions but it doesn't work.... I am really disappointed :/
I done footage in 30 minutes and I was trying to save it couple hourse without result.... If I knew it before, I will done it via ordinary way - Adobe Premiere :/
Tourist

[ New ]

I tried really everything :( 

I changed locations of media many times

I deleted recomended files by @aenriquez 

I uninstaled/instaled Quik many times 

I deleted all related "gopro" domain files and done fresh installation of Quik

I have macbook pro with Catalina 10.15 Beta (during this issue I had all previous versions of Catalina)

The APP still stack on the sceen "Saving to edits" (please find in th attachments). I am able to find exported file - it seems to be corrupted (bacause of uncompled operation of exporting) but it has size (probably almost correct one - it is in MB's) and it is possible to recognize that it is mpeg-4 movie. 

Pleaseeeee have you some idea what Can i do? I checked the latest version and it is from last year :/ When will be next update? 

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 08.20.06.png
Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez can you please help me... ? 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, see my previous info on page 7. On what system are you using GoPro?
Tourist

[ New ]

OSX 10.15

Tourist

[ New ]

In Console I found following error: 

[20:14:04.269] MovieHeaderMakerCopyMovieHeaderAsBlockBuffer signalled err=-16345 (kMovieHeaderMakerError_InvalidFileExtension) (file format and file extension of destination URL doesn't match) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-2479.0.2/Prototypes/FormatHandlers/Movie/MovieHeaderMaker.c:1463

<<<< FigExportCommmon >>>> remakerFamily_handleLastStep: Leaving [0x7fe27ec75000] err -16345 state error

<<<< FigExportCommmon >>>> remakerFamily_Finalize: (0x7fe27ec75000) state error and invalidated

@aenriquez 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Since it looks like you've tried all of the suggestions and not had any luck, the best option is likely going to be to reach out to our Support team directly at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can do real-time troubleshooting with you. Thanks.

Tourist

[ New ]
it seem jeef likes placing the blame on the consumer or the computer they are using, instead of saying " have you tried doing this"
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have installed GoPro Quik 2.7.0.945 (windows 10) and it seems to crash a lot and I cant save videos.. gets stuck on "Saving to edits..." have tried for a few days now with different clips, have tried all of the suggestions on this topic, I don't have multiple video cards.

Can anybody recommend an alternate video editing package that works well with GoPro?

GoPro Quik appears to behave like a beta product that needs a lot of work still.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This worked

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, I got the answer by myself^^

Since the original import location has changed,  this time I took another external hard disk, and the folder was changed.

After I corrected the import location, the saving job completed in a minute.

Hope somebody can get a hint like my situation.