Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

quik wont save edit

[ New ]

Hey so I created at video edit in the quik desktop application. I clicked to save the creation and it isn't progressing, it is just stuck on the screen saving to edits. My computer is running fine and using all other apps and things, its just not progressing in saving the edit. I don't know why it won't save for me. It tried it for an hour and didnt progress, so I cancelled it and retried it to no avail.

Anonymous

Re: quik wont save edit

[ New ]

i have the same probleem grrr macbook pro with latest software

Anonymous

[ New ]

Mine has the same problem. Aside from the program giving little to absolutely no control of video files; after sacrificing that only to not be able to save has been such a dissappointing waste of time. Ugh!

Anonymous

[ New ]

It won't allow me to "share" either. I imagine it needs to be saved first. COOL.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Some of these issues might be linked to individual settings on your computer. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus can help troubleshoot those issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

after finishing the editing, click save but find stuck in the beginning of the process, try several times still the same even waiting for over 24 hrs.

I've already submitted the gopro support form and wish someone could help the editings could work out.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Okay, I got the answer by myself^^

Since the original import location has changed,  this time I took another external hard disk, and the folder was changed.

After I corrected the import location, the saving job completed in a minute.

Hope somebody can get a hint like my situation.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Quik seems to fail to save the edit if you have spaces in the name.  So, try without spaces.

Anonymous

[ New ]

It does not like files with no spaces either. Needs work, the program is a dud and why are people forced to sign in to GoPro to use any of their apps.

Hiker

[ New ]

Same exact problem. MACBOOK PRO.

-GoPro support has not solved it either. Have been told to uninstall and reinstall the software - same problem continues.

-No spaces in file name, no change to import location..no solution.

-Shame,  sause I liked how simple it was to use. But worthess if I cant save it!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Workaround: Don't use any external hard drive, use same folder and no spaces in the name. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Anyone find a solution?
I've tried all the methods mentioned, it still will not save

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@mikeb270 - If none of the suggestions here are solving the issue for you, please reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. We'll be glad to troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

this version works for me

GoPro_Quik-WinInstaller-2.4.0.169

i had found out in my download folder way back september... just dig to there pool of versions maybe its availalble

Tourist

[ New ]

Can't save. When I was able to save with 2.4, the video quality was unpublishable. C'mon guys.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem for me.... save the creation and it isn't progress....

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same here, Just hangs on saving creation. Tried following the posted workarounds but didn't help. Program is really slow and laggy too, PC is pretty powerful and runs some pretty intense software without any issues so not sure whats up with this program.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I had the same issue, and this solved it for me.
Anonymous

[ New ]
I tried everything above and still it wont save. A have a brandnew laptop with virtaully nothing on it except itunes and gopro quik. :(

I also can’t find the gorpo studio anymore.
Tourist

[ New ]

What solved it for you? 

Anonymous

[ New ]
I removed all the spaces from the file name I was using for the video, and then it worked fine. So, yeah. No spaces.
Anonymous

[ New ]

I tried doing that as well, no dice.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same problem, even though I had selected (and changed) import folders. Solved it, though!

I re-installed Quick. The first time round, I had changed the installation folder (and drive). Selecting the installer-specified one the second time round seems to be the solution.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same problem. Saving to edits and the software just freezes. I was using latest version (2.5.1), so i have uninstalled it and installed the previous one which is 2.5.0. You can get it here: http://www.filehorse.com/download-quik-desktop/32295/

After installing it no issues with saving, everything works as expected.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I was having the same issue as everybody else. Progress bar did not move when trying to save. Uninstalling 2.5.1 and installing 2.5.0 worked!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Finally! shomething that worked. Good lookin out! :)

Anonymous

[ New ]
Yes! This worked. Thanks for the link!
Hiker

[ New ]

Exactly. Same here. None of these posted fixes worked for me (using a Macbook Pro)

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm using MacBookPro Mid 2014 running macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), I had the same problem here, after I download & install the latest version (2.5.1.410), it solved!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Time for a new Manager at GoPro Quik - Quick Please !

Anonymous

[ New ]
Thx for tip, now is working just fine. GoPro should change the all software team... a total disaster, doesn't matter if we talk about Android, Windows or Mac platform. The software design is just wrong...
Anonymous

[ New ]

I have done all of the above and it will not save a clip. I'm working from a folder in my local hard drive where the original hero 6 file was copied to and I re-installed quik several times. Computer is a powerful desktop with win10.

Why can't I just import a file and save it where I want to?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Go Pro Community Manager, you are a joke, "Helping your customers fix their problem"  Wow, blame it on the customer routine .. no imagination!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I figured it out!!! I always started my videos with the default song choice. After i created my edit, i would change the song to what ever i felt suited the video the best. I tried for three days roughly all the suggestions on the forums of downloading different versions, no spaces, etc. i kept my edited video the way it was and reverted it back to the original default song choice and bam it started saving instantly. i tried to create a similar video and starting out with another song choice and reverting it back to the default after i made the edit and once i clicked save, it would do the same thing as before where it didn't want to save. Changed it back to the song i picked before the edit and bam. Saved. I hope this helps.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Users: GoPro edits replies.    Don't expect to see your full response when you hit  a nerve.!  

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks niceboost74476...worked for me also! :)

Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro you are killing yourself

You cannot deliver software that works? What is your business model?

Quik software does not work reliably on windows - same issues as other posters with no resolution from all attempted workarounds. Not only this, but the camera 5GHz is not supported on most devices as the camera seems to run on a channel not supported by the standards for this use. Some devices including Samsung Galaxy 7 wont connect even on 2.4GHz. 

get yourself together 

Tourist

[ New ]

Truly awful app and the whole GoPro experience reminds of the Apple of the late 80's early 90's where they just took on too much.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @fletchlive66

Have you been able to check if the same issue is encountered with the latest Quik for desktop version (v 2.6)? We would love to hear back from you. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Software is not super but the fix is easy.

Change import and export folder.... DONE.

Don't know the exact reason, but I think it has something to do with admin rights and windows.

Tourist

[ New ]

Uninstalling 2.6.1 and installing 2.5.0 fixed this issue for me.

Windows 10 v1803

Sightseer

[ New ]

Works like a charm. Thanks, brother!

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi. I´m running Quick version 2.7.0.874 on an iMac and have exactly the same problem as described above. The program freezes when it is supposed to save to edit. Have anybody managed to solve this problem?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for sharing and for the feedback. Good to know that you have already updated your Quik for desktop app. Is the graphics driver on your Mac up to date? If it is, and the issue persist, let our Support team help. Get connected with them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

For a Mac, if you go to Finder and go to where you have the Quik Desktop located then you can access the video from there and drag it to the desktop, then go to AirDrop and you can send it to yourself if you have an iPhone and then save it and on youur phone or creat a folder on the desktop.

As for anything running microsoft I would assume it may work the same way, go to my documents and access where the quick App is located and you should be able to drag the file to the desktop or to whatever fild in your documents yo

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi everybody, 

I don't have a "Save" button, called support and they could not help either. Did anybody else have the same issue?

Thanks for helping.

gopro-cant-save.PNG
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @aijanl2

What OS are you using?

What Quik version do you have installed?

Is this happening only in create mode? Try creating a clip and see if it gives you an option to save it.

Also, we'll appreciate if you can share a screenshot of what you are getting on Quik?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

Thanks for replying! 

I tried to install and reinstall the latest version from the goPro website. 

Can you see the screenshot that I attached in my previous message? I actually finished 30-sec video, in other words, I created a clip that I want to save, but it just does not have a save button, as I saw by other people. 

My OS is Windows 10 Pro - version 1803

Thanks for helping. 

Best, 

Aijan

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @aijanl2

What happens if you change the HiLight? Or add/remove a picture or a video on the edit?

if you are using a setup with multiple graphics cards, try running it with the integrated graphics card.

• Right click the Quik desktop icon.
  • Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
  • Select Integrated graphics

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej