Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: quik wont save edit

I have done all of the above and it will not save a clip. I'm working from a folder in my local hard drive where the original hero 6 file was copied to and I re-installed quik several times. Computer is a powerful desktop with win10.

Why can't I just import a file and save it where I want to?

Highlighted
Tourist

Go Pro Community Manager, you are a joke, "Helping your customers fix their problem"  Wow, blame it on the customer routine .. no imagination!

Highlighted
Tourist

I figured it out!!! I always started my videos with the default song choice. After i created my edit, i would change the song to what ever i felt suited the video the best. I tried for three days roughly all the suggestions on the forums of downloading different versions, no spaces, etc. i kept my edited video the way it was and reverted it back to the original default song choice and bam it started saving instantly. i tried to create a similar video and starting out with another song choice and reverting it back to the default after i made the edit and once i clicked save, it would do the same thing as before where it didn't want to save. Changed it back to the song i picked before the edit and bam. Saved. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Tourist

Users: GoPro edits replies.    Don't expect to see your full response when you hit  a nerve.!  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks niceboost74476...worked for me also! :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro you are killing yourself

You cannot deliver software that works? What is your business model?

Quik software does not work reliably on windows - same issues as other posters with no resolution from all attempted workarounds. Not only this, but the camera 5GHz is not supported on most devices as the camera seems to run on a channel not supported by the standards for this use. Some devices including Samsung Galaxy 7 wont connect even on 2.4GHz. 

get yourself together 

Highlighted
Tourist

Truly awful app and the whole GoPro experience reminds of the Apple of the late 80's early 90's where they just took on too much.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fletchlive66

Have you been able to check if the same issue is encountered with the latest Quik for desktop version (v 2.6)? We would love to hear back from you. 

Many thanks, 
Marius