Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see pic)

quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see pic) thanks. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 1.45.51 PM.png
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see...

Looks like it is having trouble syncing with the camera. We have some tips at https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-deskt... that may help. Also, if you can, it would be a good idea to update the camera's firmware by doing a manual update. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see...

Thanks for the info. I conitnue with the same issue. I have the app on my phone and it does not say i need an update. My laptop is recognizing it through image capture. However, the camera has not popped up on my desktop as a drive (since I have received it) on the desktop (which I thoght was weird), it onyl is recognized on the Photos App and on image capture. It does appear to have issues being recognized both on my laptop and on the Quik app. My mac is older but seems like it should still be recognizing it since its opening on Photos and image capture. I have a macbook-pro mid-2012. Thanks. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Files on GoPro cameras won't be recognizable directly from the camera as a drive on your computer. The content needs to be imported through Quik for Desktop or directly from the SD card when it's plugged into the computer using an SD card adapter. More information on this is at https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Import-Camera-Files-to-a-Computer-Mac.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see pi

[ Edited ]

Whay MacOs are you using Catalina?... If yes than good luck to you I have the same problem they need to update the Quic APP for Catalina in order to recognize the camera and reads the media from the SD Card. 

I sent a request and nobody care for a long time.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: quik not recognizing media? camera (hero8) pops up on the left but then nothing happens. (see pi

Thanks. The macOS I am running is Catalina. I guess Ill just stick with iMovie for now. Ive tried all the things listed above and its still not recognizing the camera/media. Thanks for the heads up.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

Quik for Desktop should work with Catalina.

When connecting the camera to your computer, kindly check if you get the "USB connected" status.

If this does not show up, your files will not be recognized by Quik.

Try using a different cable or a different port.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

@aragon1006 You need to try it by yourself with the newest Mac Computer running macOS Catalina, we as a Mac USER we already try all the impossible to make works and no luck.