Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

profondit� bit hero 8. Bit Depth Gopro Hero 8 Black

In Hero 8 Black is it supported the 10bit/4.2.2 video? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: profondit� bit hero 8. Bit Depth Gopro Hero 8 Black

Hello, @megaflash815 and @andrewh4088. We have checked with our Product team and the HERO8 Black has the same bit depth as the HERO7 Black. SO it is also 8 bit. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@megaflash815, check out this article HERO8 Black - Video Settings and Resolutions for more information.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thx, but there isn't the answer to my question.. i would like to know the bith depth, because the hero7black record at 8bit
Highlighted
Tourist

Did you have any luck finding out the answer to your question? I'm interested too.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @megaflash815 and @andrewh4088. We have checked with our Product team and the HERO8 Black has the same bit depth as the HERO7 Black. SO it is also 8 bit. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much @mariustanya

Just a quick side-question - would you know whether the GoPro Studio supports HEVC files from the Hero 8?

I can't even import videos from my Hero 8 in Step 1 of the tool. And there seems to be a lot of conflicting information about this.
Highlighted
GoPro

It could be because the GoPro Studio has already reached its end of life prior to the release of the HERO8 Black camera. The application is not programmed to support HERO8 Black media. You may explore other programs that can be used to view and edit your GoPro footage.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you.