Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

power button Hero7 Black - wear and tear of the rubber

Hello, does anyone have issues with damage of the rubber of button for Power?

My camera is rarely used, but I've notice small hole in the rubber after I used for the first time in a pool without waterproof housing.

There were water inside the body of the camera and the screen start to provide some artificial colored lines, so I've swiched it off and made visial inspection. 

Does anyone knows, is it possible only the button to be replaced?
I've searched in the Internet, but such part is not selling at all, maybe the whole body needs to be replaced. 

The camera is still in warranty, but I doub't the service center will fix it under the warranty condition.

BR,

Krasimir

IMG_20200910_094731.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: power button Hero7 Black - wear and tear of the rubber

Hello @jika78. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

yes i have the same problem too with my Hero 7 black. I bought a year ago and rarely used, but unfortunately my warranty just ended several weeks ago. the camera works fine but turn on off is now little harder than before.
16053192998428005652689146168234.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

That is called  "Wear-n-Tear" Not covered by GoPro Warranty.  If you pressed the button with the fingertip and your nails, that is what happened, the Microswitch is dead center, wished gopro made the same dam switch as the Shutter, they did not. Iif you want to make sure you get an RMA warranty you best have another made-up issue,