Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

post video in Instagram

Hello 👋🏻
 I have some troubles with posting videos in Instagram. Instagram cruelly reduces the quality of the videos and they convert into ugly pixels gifs.

I have tried to change video’s settings(resolution, bitrate and others) many times. But it didn’t work.

Can you please help me and give some advices?☺️

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: post video in Instagram

Hello @epicflame21517

Thank you for letting us know. Are you posting to your Instagram feed or to Instagram stories? Also, are you sharing directly your captured videos from your Gallery or Camera Roll, from Local Media in GoPro App, or are you trying to post an edited one from Quik fro mobile? If you are using a mobile device, is it running on iOS or Android? Hope to hear back from you for additional information so we can look into what could be causing the trouble. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am trying to post it to Instagram feed and I am using for it Iphone SE.
I have downloaded videos with GoPro Quick and then tryed to post them from Gallery.
The video has created with following settings: 4k res, 60 fps

I understand that it is too much for Instagram, so quality have to be reduced. But the way how Instagram do it itself really ugly. So I am looking which settings will be the most appropriate to do it by myself.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi  @epicflame21517

This might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI3mTk4SYOw

Regards,

-Jay