Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

photography above water

I need picture shrimps when they are very young, their size about a couple of millimeters. Later, I will program a code to perform a count of all the shrimps.

I need a camera to picture this from above water. The camera Depth of Field also should be as high as possible, the water depth are about 40 cm. I have pictured that image with my phone. 

prawn .jpeg

As you can see, not all the shrimps are in high resolution. What camera do I need to make those pictures?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: photography above water

Hi @rapidcrest64715,

It would be best to use any high resolution camera with interchangeable lens such as DSLRs and Mirroless cameras. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I also need that camera would be waterproof. This camera will be on the top of the water, and it will take one picture every hour. 

Can you recommend me on camera like this? Maybe there is a GoPro that matches those criteria?

Highlighted
GoPro

@rapidcrest64715 It does, I'm just thinking if the resolution would be good enough for that purpose. 

It's not really designed for that but you can check. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Which GoPro do you suggest me to buy?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

HERO8 Black or even the older camera model like HERO5/6/7 Black  @rapidcrest64715