Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

photo's from the MAX are not horizontal level under a angel.

ok, i hope my english a bit good for the topic.

situation: for video's i have it slowly in my brain, includes some cheating for reframe.

how ever.

photo's are a bit difrent, When i hold the camera perfect horizontal leveld,  i get the perfect reqtangular image as we now them.

But if i hold the max under a 45 degree angle (as example) ,the outcome is nuts when i view them in the gopro player (either if i upload them to facebook)

the images are not horizontal levelt, so, my question is ,what do i need to set, IF that is, that photo's are horizontal levelt under any condition i hold the camera (and yes, i can hold the max upside down, photo is perfect to).

see atachment as example

GS__0028.JPG
Hiker

Re: photo's from the MAX are not horizontal level under a angel.

GOT IT !

found a solution to straiten up the horizon, the worse part, i had it on my machine.

Hugin is a open source program for stitching and more, found by stupidity a link that showed how to correct a messed up photo.

ok, it take some practising, but the result is worth it.

Sightseer

Comment faites vous avec Hugin ?

GoPro Community Manager

It looks like your mount is also very close to your camera. It might help if there was a little extension to help move that out some. Also, does the horizon leveling work when you're in a more open space? The camera might be having issues recognizing the horizon in this setting.

Hiker

Morning Jeff.
its a official gopro adapter, to get ride of the ear, i have to saw off the ear from the adapter, but than it get unstable.
as tested here under several angels, these are my findings.
video: perfect leveling under any condition, i can twist the camera around it keep leveling horizon super.
so the exporter does his job, or the firmware in the max does the job.

photo:
max perfect horizontal position, super !
the max under 90 degree angle, and geting the max vertical, perfect leveling.
as above, max horizontal, the outcome is as the image, not level.
the max up side down, perfect.

any other angle photos need to be corrected with hugin.
And ya, the app on my android stil is unuseable, image is mosaic, so i guess my phone is to slow
what is weard, while my pixpro 360 camera is realtime preview, and the max is 3 seconds delayd
and yes, tested it on a iphone to, realtime preview, no delay and no chopy image.