Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

on my Hero 4 Silver the display is stuck on CAM UPDATE......updating with a flashing blue light .

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: on my Hero 4 Silver the display is stuck on CAM UPDATE......updating with a flashing blue lig...

Hi @traceyk5457,

If that camera is stuck in the update process I would recommend pulling the battery and trying these steps again!

• First, let’s reformat your microSD card in the camera with the “Delete ALL/Format” function in the settings menu.  If you're unsure of how to do that, read these instructions on how to reformat your microSD card in your camera.
  • ​Next, follow the link below to our online support article which provides step by step instructions to update your camera: Software Update Instructions for HERO4 Cameras
  • Lastly, I recommend that you reformat your microSD card again in the camera so that you start with a fresh card the next time you use your camera.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: on my Hero 4 Silver the display is stuck on CAM UPDATE......updating with a flashing blue lig...

Hi @traceyk5457,

If that camera is stuck in the update process I would recommend pulling the battery and trying these steps again!

• First, let’s reformat your microSD card in the camera with the “Delete ALL/Format” function in the settings menu.  If you're unsure of how to do that, read these instructions on how to reformat your microSD card in your camera.
  • ​Next, follow the link below to our online support article which provides step by step instructions to update your camera: Software Update Instructions for HERO4 Cameras
  • Lastly, I recommend that you reformat your microSD card again in the camera so that you start with a fresh card the next time you use your camera.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Ryan