Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: no gps signal

Got in touch with Amazon, and requested a replacement. only got the camera for a few days, and it had problems right from the beginning. I'll try it again, as soon as the new camera is there
Highlighted
Adventurer

@patrickz57343 wrote:
Got in touch with Amazon, and requested a replacement. only got the camera for a few days, and it had problems right from the beginning. I'll try it again, as soon as the new camera is there

And if you waited for gopro to help out not saying  it in a bad way you be out of the  refund period, best to get something on the spot working then not.  good for you Cuddles to

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue with my new hero 5.

I've had GPS working a couple of times, but can't get it to work when I want it.

I've tried:

- Manual update to latest firmware (2.0)

- Factory reset

- Disable/Enable GPS

- Format SD card

- Sit outside for 15-20 minutes, clear sky

I was in contact with gopro support to troubleshoot. Went through basic steps of making sure GPS was enabled etc. For some reason it started working when I had them online so we dropped the support request. Now I'm back again withno reception. I'll give it some more tries, but I'll probably need to get in contact with support again. Perhaps it's a faulty unit...

Highlighted
Hiker

I am having mine replaced next week. hopefully it is fine then. what makes me a little bit concerned is, that I am not the only one with this problem. hopefully this is not a design weakness.
Highlighted
Tourist

I got my Hero 5 today. But seem to have problems with the GPS Signal.

My GPS symbol on the main screen also always stays grey, never turns white. It dasn't turns white?
With all my attempts I never managed to get the symbol white once.

What I did till now:
Factory default setting: still takes ages
Taken it out of the frame: it doesn't improve
Right now I am outside in the country nothing around me, clear view to the sky. been waiting for 10 minutes now, still no gps signal.

I olso had the camera  reset to a factory reset. gps turned on. etc.

By the way, the number in the Netherlands don't exist.

Can somebody give me an telefon number in the Netherlands?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same issue with my new hero 5.

I've had GPS working a couple of times, but can't get it to work when I want it.

Highlighted
Hiker

probabaly a problem, but I would leave it outside for more than 10 minutes. Sometime getting a lock can take ages. My Samsung S4 took a good 30 minites one time. No idea why. 

Turn off, take battery out for at leat 5 minutes. Battery in, turn on. Check that gps is on in prefrences. Set it outside with a clear veiw of the sky. Leave it for 30 min at least. If no lock, time to call Gopro..... 

Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro Hero 5 Black about 1 1/2 hours outside but still no GPS connecting. What muss I do GoPro?

I have the GoPro from 29-09-2017

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

First thing to do is to make sure that the camera's firmware is up to date. I'd suggest  doing a manual update. Instructions on how to do that are at https://gopro.com/update/hero5.

Once that's done, please try several locations in your town. Sometimes, there can be areas where GPS is spotty. It would be good to check some other spots just to be sure that's not the issue.

If those steps don't work, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to help.

Jeff