Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

no gps overlay on Hero 8

i have gps lock on camera but when in quik i cant select the overlay for gps and speed etc. any ideas??

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 16.38.44.png
Adventurer

Re: no gps overlay on Hero 8

you may try the GoPro App take a video and see if itworks there , then you know its the software of desktop. may not  work with a win 10 platform today since hte Hero 7 of 2018

Tourist

i've got the same problem, gopro app on desktop & mobile doesn't see the gps data

i've used racerender and there telemetry works, so it's not a problem with video

Sightseer

please explain racerender or any other things ?  im new to online with the hero 8 i tried the factory reset and sd card format. using highest spec macbook pro to view videos

Adventurer

Great. so then its  not the app of gopro.   and certain you were locked on. maybe  do a simple  10 second clip and make sure you are 100% certain you got a lock.  before contacting gopro.  about the issue.

Tourist

it is gopro app fault...

i've made short clip few mins ago and it's the same situation - gopro app doesn't see any telemetry data & other software like racerender have no problem with that

Sightseer

please explain racerender? is it an app or viewing software?

Tourist

it's software... google it, you'll find it easily.. you can also try dashware, but in my case it didn't worked