Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

[ New ]

Thank you for the advise!! I have been trying to update my karma grip for quite a while and this was the only thing that would work. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Be advised that today I have returned my Karma Drone (which includes the grip and Hero 5) to GoPro.... It has simply been unreliable since I purchased it in September and as I wanted it for professional purposes, I had no choice but to return it.  When they iron the 'bugs' out of it, I may revisit again in the future.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had this issue and think I have solved it today. I reformatted the SD card and now it works fine. If you look this up on youtube it's a pretty simple process. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Nope... followed this to a T. My Karma grip buttons still do not operate my H5B.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm happy to report that since changing the cage/harness on mine that it has worked without issue for a month now. I don't know that all these people having issues is the same thing but for me the connection problem was the cage/harness and customer service got me a part out quickly and the repair takes a couple of minutes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have had the same problem.  It's been reset many times.  finally the gimbal started shaking uncontrollably.  After spending an hour chatting with Support, they eventually sent me a new gimbal.  The shaking stopped, but now none of the buttons control the GoPro anymore.  This thing works incredibly well when it's functioning, but unfortunately, that's less than half the time.  This is the most disappointing of the many GoPro devices I have purchased.  It seems like there should be a recall on this device based on how many people are having the same problems.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggyboost25504,

If you get back in touch with the Support Team they should be able to help you out and get you squared away. I have been using my Karma and Karma Grip without issue, and if anything does come up performing a hard reset will take care of anything that is going on! https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Cheers,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]

No Ryan a hard reset does NOT take care of everything that is going on. A hard reset is one of the first things we are all trying when trying to get our karma grip to be responsive.