Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

[ Edited ]

My GoPro Hero 5 cannot be connected with the Karma Grip. Karma Grip powers on normally, however the camera does not power on together, I am powering on my camera manually as it is attached to the grip, I can operate it through the smart remote or my phone app, but cannot be operated with the Grip's Buttons.

I have tried the 60 seconds method, I tried the manual update on my camera, I tried the calibration on the Gimbal but not any results.

Anybody can help?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

@jimzr - It sounds like you've tried all of the normal steps. I'd suggest giving our Support team a call and we'll take a look at the issue with you. Our contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@jimzr - It sounds like you've tried all of the normal steps. I'd suggest giving our Support team a call and we'll take a look at the issue with you. Our contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

same thing happened to mine. this is so disappointing. I just got this grip. and for a very expensive price, looks like it aint worth it. they should roll out an update or something. I have already tried to reboot the grip itself by holding down the power button. ALso, i have reset my gopro to its factory settings and updated the firmware. BUT this problem keeps on going back. Well, I live in the UAE and it looks like i am going to have a hard time replacing this crap.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Have the same problem. The grip won´t start working. Tried during one whole day with different suggestions both from here and from Reddit. This feels like crap.

Highlighted
Tourist

yeah. gopro should roll out an update soon or atleast publish a working solution. cant believe ive wasted my money on this crappy thing. i am really disappointed.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem too. The Karma Grip cannot connect to Hero 5. I reset my grip with the 60 sec. method and updated the Hero 5 to v1.57 already. No hope.

I am interested that contact the support = problem resolved. I don't believe that GoPro have any working solution on this yet.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem too. The Karma Grip cannot connect to Hero 5. I reset my grip with the 60 sec. method and updated the Hero 5 to v1.57 already. No hope. I am interested that contact the support = problem resolved. I don't believe that GoPro have any working solution on this yet.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue. Got my hero 5 black and karma gimbal today and whilst the gimbal will keep the hero 5 stabilised, the control buttons on the karma do not operate or control the camera in any way and you cannot start or stop recording using the gimbal so it's going back tomorrow. Very disappointing.