Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

[ New ]

I tray 2 times they usless

Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro replaced the 'cage' (or the 'harness') into which the camera slides -- they supplied the replacement and a 'hex' screwdriver so I could take the old harness off and fit the new one.  It's early days yet, but it seems to have fixed the problem.... once exception was yesterday when I put the camera into the harness and mounted the lot to my Karma Drone.  Even though it had been working in the few days before, the camera again was not recognised by the Drone or the Karma Controller.  I stripped everthing down and put everything back together again -- and it worked.  I stripped it all down again today and re-assembled it - and it all seems to be working (although I wasn't in a position to take the Drone outside today, to attempt a flight-test. But within the confines of my home at least, everything 'talked' with everything else.  I am not brimming with confidence yet but I am hopeful.....

Anonymous

[ New ]

hopefully it works in real world scenario (drone flying). Keep us updated

I have my cage on its way after talking to customer support. Positively hopeful !

Anonymous

[ New ]

Cage arrived today. Took two minutes to install it. Torx driver and screws supplied. First time my Karma has worked in two months. Turned it on, turned it off and started recording a dozen times. The cage resolved my problem so far. I will update after I have used it for real recordings.

Tourist

[ New ]
Worked perfectly after this procedure! Thank you!!!
Tourist

[ New ]
Worked perfectly after this procedure posted by Ravynthorn! Thank you!!!

Jul 4
Same problem. Contacted support.
Turn everything off
Take the stabilizer out of the grip.
Take the camera out of the stabilizer
Take the battery out of the camera

Put the battery back in the camera
Put the camera back in the stabilizer
Put the stabilizer back in the grip.

Hold the power button down
After about 8 seconds goes of
After a few more seconds the lights flash - the bottom light has a red hue.
Lights go off then come back on
Release button after about 30 seconds

Turn grip off
Turn grip on

Everything is working.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Got a chance to shoot some actual video today with the Karma grip. No issues at all after replacing the cage. I can't say this is the problem with all of them but this was certainly the problem with mine. 

Tourist

[ New ]

After trying SO SO SO many different things to get my grip working and none of them working I purchased a new KARMA Harness from Amazon........ 😃 IT WORKS ............ I now have a fully working grip.