Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

My karma grip and stabalizer and Hero 5 are now working correctly. 
I'm not completely sure what made the difference, but it started working correctly after changing the battery to a freshly charged one. The earlier battery had also been recently charged and was close to 90% charged. I have three batteries, and they all now work correctly, and I have several SD cards of different makes and capacities and speed and all work fine. Really odd. 
I suspect a bad connection in the harness inside the stabalizer.

Sightseer

Figured it out!! Turn on the karma grip with the camera in. The camera won't turn on but that's okay. Then, turn the top lever to unlock and remove the gimbal from the stabilizer while it's still on. Then, reinsert the gimbal with the handle still turned on. Then press and hold power. It blinks a white and a red light. Then press and hold again and it will power off. Then turn it back on. That's what I did and now it works perfectly again!! YES!!!!
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I've tried every button combo. Purchased 5 different sd micro cards and three batteries for the hero 5. If I reboot, format, reset everything I can get it working for a few minutes. Last time I did it before I could stop recording it had already lost communication and no longer controlled the camera. It is obvious the USB is still connected as it will not take voice commands until you pull the gimbel out of the grip. The solution would be for gopro to either come up with an update that fixes the issue so it works as designed or do a complete recall.

Tourist

Having updated my GoPro to the latest version 😡 It's now not working, it worked for a short time before.

I do love the GoPro but after having the grip for ages and GoPro having still not fixed the problem I feel very let down.

Can't believe they haven't even acknowledged there is a problem after all this time.

Tourist

Has the new Grip firmware update solved peoples problems??????

mine still isn't working properly after updating to v1.51

Highlighted
Tourist

Negative, no sollution for me yet, as i just came back home from ship, seaman, forwarded to service for repairs/ replacement, awaiting final tesults
Sightseer

I removed the battery from my Hero 5 for a few minutes. Then put it back in. Then put the hero 5 back into the Karma grip and now it is working perfectly!

Tourist

Hey All

...my problem was that was no connection to Stabilizator at all ... chated with Customer Support and they quickly just organized replacement sent to my home address (you need to send them first requested Part). 

I must say it was great expirience talking wiht Customer support representatives ... they did birng back my confidence in GoPro. You pay premium for great product and inovation ... will support more GoPro after this expirience.

... i know, there is frustration part however, i was gambliing by buying brand new inovative product however, they did not take advantage of my Gambling/Support. 

Thanks

Nikola