Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

I have the same issue as the rest of you. Got Hero 5 and Karma Grip for Christmas. Worked one time on Christmas vacation...one time in 5 days. Came home and put away till Hawaii trip in February (I don't have time to screw around too much at one time). Didn't work at all then. Customer support MIA. Came home, put away. Took it out again in July for a trip...didn't work then either. Came home and put it away. Took it out tonight...ran the newest software updates for grip and camera and it still doesn't work. So...I've owned it for 7 months and it's worked one time. I, too, have done all of the steps and fixes to no avail. Grip simply will not run camera. It's crap. Period. I'm screwed because I can't get a replacement or refund so I am stuck. I might as well throw it in the trash and sell the camera. The whole point of this was the grip and the camera...not just the camera. 

GoPro...get your stuff in one boot, will ya? You have said to contact you at the support web address. Yeah, good luck with that. Call? Right. Not worth my time or aggravation. Done with GoPro. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I got notice today for an update for my gopro 5. I had hoped maybe just maybe it would improve the Karma grip. Did the update. 30 minutes later still unable to get the grip to connect at all. Usually if I reset everything, format everything and charge everything I can get it working. Not sure if the update changed anything or it's just that the grip is such a horrible peace of crap that it won't work at all now. I'm thinking it might make a great pecan cracker or door stop.

Highlighted
Tourist

Update: After a month it went back to being a lemon. Its been laying useless around my house. I want a refund. I totally expected the issue to be solved by now!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had this same problem and it was also happening with my Karma Drone. 

SOLUTION: Power everything down. Take out the GoPro 5 Battery and let that sit for 10 minutes or more. At this time take the stabilizer (not Grip) and plug that into the power charger. Not sure which aspect of this solution was the key to success, but after reinsterting the battery into the camera, plugging it into the Grip or Karma drone, everything connected fine. Hope that helps others. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm currently on the phone waiting for tech support... been listening to same 'tips' for 23 minutes.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem, stuck on "usb connected"
It work when the sd card is out, so I think the problem is when the karma grip try to read the card at launch (it was Ok with few photos and clips at the beginning but the more I took pictures and films, the more longer it take to boot the grip. Now it didn't work at all (296 files, around 25go)
Highlighted
Tourist

Édit : card is a sandisk extreme 64go
Highlighted
Anonymous

@olivierb0500 wrote:

It work when the sd card is out, so I think the problem is when the karma grip try to read the card at launch (it was Ok with few photos and clips at the beginning but the more I took pictures and films, the more longer it take to boot the grip. Now it didn't work at all (296 files, around 25gb). 
card is a sandisk extreme 64gb.

As I already mentioned in this post I've got a similar issue described here.

I'm convinced that everyone will run into that issue. But unfortunately there are only a few people who noticed that because only a few people will keep such a large number of files stored on their used microSDXC's.

In my opinion this is obviously a bug in the firmware of the Karma Grip (beside a few other annoying bugs).