Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

[ New ]

I've tried all the suggestions and nothing works, why won't GoPro just help? I have had the grip from the beginning and I've waited and waited for a fix from GoPro but nothing, can I return it and get my money back?

its beyond a jock now.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have been through every possible troubleshooting solution in the book -- tried everything noted on this thread, and just got done troubleshooting with GoPro Tech support. Including, but not limited to, manually updating the camera, calibrating the gimbal, factory resetting the camera, updating the camera firmware, hard resetting the gimbal, switching out memory cards and batteries, disassembling the camera from harness, harness from stabilizer, and stabilizer from grip (then reassembling and resetting the grip). 

Nothing has worked. I've even replaced the gimbal, only to have the same issue. 

Contacted gopro support -- the only solution they had was for me to disassemble, reassemble, and hard reset the grip -- even though I tried it prior, I obliged, and did it again. Didn't work. 

Even though I've already tried replacing it, the only solution they could offer was to go back to the store and replace it again...

Also of note, the GoPro rep told me that upon looking at prior cases from this exact thread, hard resetting the gimbal solved the issue -- is this true for those of you who called?  Definitely didn't work for me. Also, he only checked this after I requested he check. 

Despite this thread being active for 3 months now, it does not seem to be on the radar as a significant or common issue with GoPro. All the rep said was that he could talk to his Senior and follow-up via email later. I asked if I could talk to the senior directly, to get a better idea on how significant this issue is, and what's being done to rectify the issue (or if this issue is even on their radar). 

Rep told me I cannot talk to his senior because they interact with them through their system and can't transfer. I then asked if he can have the senior contact me, but he wouldn't give me a clear answer (basically indirectly saying no?). Regardless, I told the rep to make a note to his senior that I would like to speak to him directly, and left my telephone number to forward to his senior -- I'll let you know if someone else higher up does attempt to contact me or not. 

For now -- seems like we're stuck with the issue and GoPro isn't doing anything to fix it. Maybe my conversation will escalate it, but if all of yours didn't, then not too sure. 

If anyone would like to see my conversation with support, let me know and I can send it over to you. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

I managed to (sort of) solve the issue by sending my GoPro back for a separate fault (it developed an issue whereby it kept turning itself on). Although the original GoPro wouldn't work with either of the grips I had, the new one works perfectly.

I have a second camera arriving today so we'll see if that works with the grip as well.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have just updated my Hero 5 to the latest Firmware 😳

HERO5 Black update v02.00 | April 5, 2017

And my Karma Grip is working???????? not sure for how long but I'll keep testing it..............

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem, Karma grip does not connect to the hero 5. GoPro tech team was no help on chat, said they would e-mail me in 24 hours, waited 4 days and heard nothing back. Called their tech team, no help, acted like it was an isolated problem. I am sending back but still waiting for my shipping label.

Anonymous

[ New ]

TO GOPRO

Why don't you just recall all your karma grip? seems like everyone's having an issue. This is a complete waste of money. So disappointing.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thought I would give GoPro a try...again.

The Karma Grip was a huge waste of time and money. Sticking with my DJI Osmo Mobile which has never failed me. I was hoping to free up my phone (when using the Osmo) and use my Hero 5, but the Karma Grip is completely unreliable. Looks like I'll be buying the Osmo with a dedicated camera...

Anonymous

[ New ]

Good news! The new update for the Hero 5 seems to have fixed the problem. My Karma Grip is now working fine.