Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: no connection between hero 5 and karma grip

Hi hardywave....

I had EXACTLY the same problem when I bought the Go Pro Drone several months ago....the Grip was part of the Drone (one of the reasons I bought it as I could use the Grip separate from the Drone....) 

I went through exactly the same procedure as you have done (and Go Pro actually sent me a new 'cage' for the camera in an effort to sort out the problem.  I might say their service centre was very good and responsive to my issues - but despite their best efforts - and mine - the thing just did not work).  As I wanted to use it profesionally - and could not rely on it - I sent it all back and got my money back (minus the $AU180 it cost me to send it back to their Singapore warehouse!).  Not long aferwards, GoPro announced that they would no longer sell the Drone (you will see on this forum the monumental problems people had with it.)

Hope you sort out your problems - but I wouldn't hold your breath.  (Here's an idea!  Take it down and throw it into that fine harbor of yours!)

Highlighted
Tourist

I have try the other gimbals and want something integrated. Karma grip seems to be the answer on paper at least. But after numerous attempts and multiple frustrating failures, I'm really tempted to do want you suggested... Give my karma a watery grave to bid farewell to an unfulfilled promise.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Exact same problem. What a piece of crap. Nice job GoPro.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @blairb3515

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please go over these troubleshooting steps:

1. Disassemble the Karma Stabilizer from the Drone or the Grip (Take the camera out of the harness, harness off stabilizer, and stabilizer off handle or drone). Reassemble everything.
  2. Ensure the Karma Stabilizer is up to date. (attach to Karma Grip and connect to Quik for Desktop. Keep in mind, this is only for the stabilizer and not the Grip Handle)
  3. Try performing a Hard Reset.
  4. Calibrate the Karma grip.

Let us know how it goes.

You can also contact our Support Team for further assistance.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs     

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

mine is 6. same problem, done everything. both firmware up to date. what a waste of money.

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought a new cradle (Amazon £36) when my 5 wouldn't work with the grip and it solved the problem,

now have a 7 on the grip and it still works. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @patrickp786

If you are still getting the same errors after completing the suggested steps, please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with your concern.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I did a manual update on my hero 5 even though its up-to-date. I decided to run it manually this time and it worked. the karma grip turns on the hero 5 now. able to change mode, record, switch on and off. So maybe you would want to try manually updating the camera.