Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

newbie, need help w videos

[ New ]

my 20 min video is seperated into 4 5;20 videos  how do i put them all together??? or fix camera to stop seperating them?

Nomad

Re: newbie, need help w videos

[ New ]

There's nothing wrong with your camera, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, it's called File Chaptering:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Camera-File-Chaptering-Information/ta-p/390210

Any video editor out there can be used to join your files back together, you can even do this with GoPro Quik.

Hiker

[ New ]

thanks for help. still learning this think out

Hiker

[ New ]

is there a step by step on how to do it lol

Nomad

[ New ]

Here is some info, I hope it helps.

I'll see what else I can find.

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/gopro/join-gopro-video-chapters/

Nomad

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

thanks man!

Hiker

[ New ]

this one worked, lil buggy on playback

Nomad

[ New ]

If you want to edit your video's for free, download DaVinci Resolve.  It's a professional video editing suite and it's completely free (the paid version allows you to use work collaboration tools so multiple users on multiple pc's can work on the same video).  It looks a little daunting but it's actually quite easy once you master the basics (plenty of YouTube tutorials available).  It will also give you a heck of a lot more options for not only editing your video, but joining them together and outputting them quickly too.

Hiker

[ New ]

so far i spent a whole day n night on this. most apps want money. the free ones are so --bleep-- confusing. this is RIDICULOUS!

Nomad

[ New ]

@beetle24 

I understand your frustrations.

Unfortunately they provide a camera and a cloud service, but they do not provide any good solutions for video editing without paying for a separate service.

While DaVinci Resolve is free, it is definitely confusing if you're not already familiar with video editing. Also, system requirements for editing are pretty high, requiring a computer or other device costing close to $1,000.00usd and even more.

I personally use a Tablet which is only capable of editing 4k30 maximum, so I can not shoot in 4k60 if I want to edit. I have laptops, 4 to be exact. And on the fastest one, rendering a 5 minute clip in 5k takes hours!!! So shooting in 5k is a nogo for me.

To make things speedier, try shooting in 1080p and then practice editing those files first.

On my tablet and phone I use an app called YouCut, which is a free app and a really great app to learn the basics of editing.

Hiker

[ New ]

THANKS MAN. yeah go pro help sucks. im gonna try what u did