Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

network error unable to connect

Connectivity works great in camera and video mode.  When I try to livestream on Facebook, it gives me a NETWORK ERROR UNABLE TO CONNECT message and then disconnects the wifi.

over and over again...

is it the camera, my phone, or facebook?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: network error unable to connect

@royalpike77500, sorry for the delayed response. Several factors can cause such issues. For the best and highest-quality stream, use a Wi-Fi network (rather than a personal hotspot) whenever possible. This will help avoid stuttering or choppiness in your stream.

Additionally, please ensure to have the latest version of the GoPro App and mobile OS installed. What's the phone model used? Have you also tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi or using a personal hotspot?

• Things to check when live streaming using a personal hotspot:
    • Make sure you have a cellular plan that lets you use your phone as a hotspot.
    • From the Live Stream Setup screen, select Turn On Personal Hotspot and follow the steps to connect. Heads Up: It may take a minute for your hotspot to appear after you turn it on. Wait a moment and then select your hotspot when it shows up on the menu. 
    • Stay within range of your hotspot during your live streaming session.  
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am using an iPhone 10 max and everything is up to date on the phone and GoPro and I have tried 3 different WiFi networks as well as my personal hotspot and it is still not working. I need to know a resolution on this ASAP or I will just have to return it and buy a full LiveU streaming setup instead...
Highlighted
GoPro

@heroicoasi340, if the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.