Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: need VAT invoice for purchases

[ New ]

Has any of you  got the receipt from Gopro with valid VAT details (%, amount, Gopros VAT)?  

Are Gopro liable to pay VATs to each country from where the order is delivered? 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Customer-Responsibility-for-Import-Duty-VAT-or-Other-Taxes/ta-p/39...

Hiker

[ New ]

@juhak655nope, I haven't. And when others said that they did, I asked @aragon1006 aka Ej to provide me with one, but he has never even bothered to reply to me when I do.
This place is just the pinnacle of incompetence and illegal practices. Whilst I have got an invoice (from the US!!!) that at least allows me to claim the purchase as valid business expenses, I am not able to claim back any taxes and would have been better off buying from a retailer.
Well, at least several complaints have been lodged with different authorities in the UK and the EU, so hopefully they will get their comeuppance...

Tourist

[ New ]

It's stange that company like GoPro is not able give receipts and VAT details  for their customers.  I hope that EU authorities  will take in this.

At least Chines company DJI is giving details VAT  for EU customers.

Also the companies are  getting VAT out.

"If you are VAT-registered in an EU member state (excluding the UK, Germany, Ireland, and the Netherlands) and have a VAT registration number, then subject to the conditions as set out in the VAT Registration Agreement, you can submit that VAT registration number for purchasing from the DJI Online Store (store.dji.com)."

https://store.dji.com/fi/pages/eu-vat

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi saddlerskate
Would you feel comfortable with showing me your invoice? I would like to check with my accountant if it is sufficient enough before making the purchase

Hiker

[ New ]

@coolpeak23515 

please email me on northumbriaequineuk@hotmail.com and I'll send you the PDF file.

As I said, it's from the US, shows no VAT ID, but at least it says "invoice" where previously they tried to fob me off with their stupid order confirmation emails that were no use nor ornament...

Tourist

[ New ]

I just wanted to chip in into this thread as it made me hesitate before ordering from gopro.com. I own a Swedish business, and can report that when buying from gopro.com today, the VAT is paid by gopro in Sweden with a Swedish VAT number as they are supposed to do when selling to EU consumers from within the EU. This makes everything very simple for my business as well, as the VAT is deductible as if the items was bought locally.

I also received a fully correct invoice, stating that it is an invoice, the seller, tax rate and actual tax, and the Swedish VAT number. Maybe there used to be an issue with this, but it is solved by now...

Hiker

[ New ]

How can I say this without sounding horrible, @perh2168 ...???

Good for you. I am glad that you were lucky and they've sorted their act out (if that's what they have done). I am glad that you didn't have all the stress and arguments and over 50 pointless exchanges with GoPro where they were denying their legal responsibilities.

And yet, despite MANY TAGS TO @aragon1066 (OOOPS, can't tag him anymore, I wonder whether Ej is no longer an admin here?), nobody has sorted out my invoices which were issued by their US entity. I cannot understand why they were giving other users invoices with EU VAT ID numbers at the same time as issuing mine from the US.

Well, at least I have got invoices now. Back in September, they refused to issue any - just order confirmations, and claimed that those contained all the information required.

Anyway. I've had enough of all this. I'll never order from them again.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @saddlerkate

We have sent copies of the invoices.

As previously advised, this is system generated and we are not able to edit information.

We try to help as much as we can here in the Support Hub.

If you have further concerns regarding invoices, please reach out to Support at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej