Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

need VAT invoice for purchases

[ New ]

How can I get VAT invoices for orders MP-04338754, MP-04350262 and MP-04354169?

I have tried to contact gopro for days now. if I use the same login details that I'm registered with, the chat always says "we are busy helping other users, try again later", if I use an alternative email and phone number then a chat window pops up that says "hang on while we connect you to an agent". I have messaged GoPro on facebook and not received a reply. I have requested call-backs  - one happened, at silly-o-clock in the morning so I missed it while scrabbling to get to the phone.

So PLEASE don't give me a link to your "contact us" page, because it is useless!

I need to have tax-compliant invoices for B2B purchases. I am registered in the UK, and just need an official invoice, because your order confirmations and shipping notifications are not enough for accounting purposes.

Nomad

Re: need VAT invoice for purchases

[ New ]

I did manage to talk to them on the phone regarding this same issue. They refused to create an EU VAT invoice, stating that the receipt I received on my email when I ordered is the only invoice they will send me.

Just commenting here so I get a notification if you report back on your experience. Good luck

GoPro

[ New ]

@saddlerkate, tax exempt orders cannot be processed via a gopro.com online purchase since sales tax is automatically included with the price. Due to recent system and process limitations, GoPro’s policy does not allow issuing a refund when requested after the sale. It is suggested that you contact your State Department of Revenue to determine the process or eligibility for a refund directly from the state.

Should you have further questions, please reach out to our Support Team. 

If having trouble connecting, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquezthank you for your reply.

1. I made the purchase on www.gopro.com/uk, which suggested that I was purchasing from a British legal entity; as it turns out, it's Dutch: GoPro Cooperatief UA; that's not a problem at all; they should issue an invoice under EU laws, which can either show their own local VAT, or else be a VAT-free inner-European invoice using European VAT ID numbers

2. my main problem is this, and please ONLY reply to this point, and not to the point of "your State Department of Revenue" which is clearly aimed at US users:

I don't have ANY official invoice. I received an order confirmation. I received a shipping notification. I have no formal sales invoice, which under ANY country's rules must include the vendor's complete details (registered address), the buyer's complete details (which I provided), and all the purchased goods with their quantities, price per unit of sale, and any taxes levied on the sale (even if the invoice should be issued by GoPro US, I will figure out how to claim back any taxes...).

But I need an invoice in the first place, so that I can give it to my accountant. Otherwise I cannot claim this expense of buying the camera for the business (a Limited company in the UK).
So how do I get one?

Thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @kajuna 

yes, that's what I am worried about. But that is actually illegal. In every country, a vendor has to provide an invoice that complies with commercial regulations. And these always require the full details of the vendor (registered address, registration number etc), and the buyer's full details, as well as the purchased goods with quantities, prices and any sales taxed levied.

If my order was fulfilled by GoPro Cooperatief UA in the Netherlands, they can either issue a VAT-free inner-European invoice that shows all our VAT ID numbers, or they can issue one that includes Dutch VAT - I can claim that back. If it's GoPro in the US that fulfilled the order, then they still have to issue a formal sales invoice, and I don't care whether there's any "sales tax" on it.

I need ANY formal invoice in the first place, otherwise HMRC won't allow me to claim the purchase of the GoPro as a business expense, and I will be SOOOOOO annoyed if they refuse to do so. I will program a bot to log a request for one on this forum EVERY DAY if they don't, until they get tired of it and send me one   ;-)

Nomad

[ New ]
I returned my camera because of this. Will repurchase when they decide to abide by the law
Hiker

[ New ]

@kajuna 

drastic. but understandable. I can see many professionals going down that route. as a business owner, even if you really need a camera, you simply cannot afford to pay it out of your own pocket. which is the effect of gopro not providing the legally required documentation

GoPro

[ New ]

@saddlerkate, please contact our Support Team for assistance on the invoice. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.