Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: need VAT invoice for purchases

There is no charge for a GoPro subscription on the invoice. Maybe they send it later?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Ah yes, you are correct. I hope they change the invoice or still send me one for the GoPro Subscription.

I'm already happy I received a (partial) VAT invoice.

Tip for other people: Enter your VAT number as your last name ;) 

Highlighted
Nomad

They never send the invoice for the subscription. I tried many times and at most they send a receipt.

Highlighted
Tourist

As stated here they are obliged so I'll wait for Aragons response
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/eu-vat-rules-topic/vat-invoicing-rules_en
Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006 

OY EJ!!!!
How come my invoice didn't have a UK VAT ID number on it?
Or any other European VAT ID?

Anything so that I could claim back VAT?
I gave you my VAT ID number!

I POSTED THIS OVER A WEEK AGO - STILL NO REPLY!!!!!

Looking forward to a reply!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

The invoice we send contains all of the necessary information that is compliant with local and state EU laws.

We are not able to add information like your own VAT number or Company Name to the invoice as this is illegal.

As a reminder, GoPro.com is a direct to consumer (DTC) company so we only sell to individuals on an end-user basis.

If you have a need to purchase with your own VAT/Company name, we’d suggest using a local distributor that is set up to help with these specific requests. If you live in a VAT-Free country, we’re happy to look into this on a case by case basis but cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to make an accommodation. You  may reach out to Support at 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I also didnt receive an Invoice when i got the camera only sales order, and i just need a commercial invoice that is acceptable to our tax authorities so that I can claim the purchase of my camera as a business expense

The name is same

Order # SO-4108861

Date 10/25/2020

Name: Michael G Liapakis

Address: 

Mirtos Ierapetras, Ierapetra 72200, Greece
VAT ID: EL110344250

thank you in advance

P.s. I bought the Camera before your last reply that we should using a local distributor, so i would appreciate if you could include the VAT ID just for my business expense in my country.
Highlighted
GoPro

@johnmet, a copy of the VAT Invoice was sent to the email associated with the order. Thanks!